Windows 10: Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text.

Discus and support Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text. Appears to only be associated with specific letters. I can get rid of some by backspacing. Also "L" & "W" I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregoryBooth, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text.

Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text. Appears to only be associated with specific letters. I can get rid of some by backspacing. Also "L" & "W" I can only get using Caps Lock on.

Example

The quick br6own fox jumps over6 the l9azy8 dog.

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

i

j

k

l9

m

n

o

p

q

r6

s

t

A

B

C

D

F

G

H

I

J

M

N

O

P

Q

S

T

Notice the missing letters as per above.

Thanks

Greg Booth

:)

GregoryBooth, Mar 11, 2019

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text.

number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text.

1. Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text. - Similar Threads - Keyboard keeps adding

2. Sculpt Keyboard adding numbers to every letter typed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Keyboard adding numbers to every letter typed: Hello,I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue. My husband and I have the same Sculpt wireless keyboard. The other day, his keyboard began putting numbers into random keys - c52x3c and so on. So far I have:removed the batteries several timesreplaced batteries with...
  3. Sculpt Keyboard adding numbers to every letter typed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt Keyboard adding numbers to every letter typed: Hello,I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue. My husband and I have the same Sculpt wireless keyboard. The other day, his keyboard began putting numbers into random keys - c52x3c and so on. So far I have:removed the batteries several timesreplaced batteries with...
  4. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  5. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  6. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  7. English US keyboard keeps adding

English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  8. Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  9. Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  10. Adding Keyboard Text to Screen Captures

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Keyboard Text to Screen Captures: I need to "Screen Capture" a portion or more of my Monitor and then "ADD" text onto the image, using my Keyboard. Currently, if you use the Snipping Tool, the only way to add notes is to DRAW. Is there an Ap or a piece of Software that allows me to QUICKLY capture a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text adding numbers by itself