Windows 10: Keyboard keeps changing from my default!

Discus and support Keyboard keeps changing from my default! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 and set English (UK) as my main display languaje. However, as I live in Spain, my keyboard is spanish. I even use Spanish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RedNano, Jul 31, 2020.

1. RedNano Win User

Keyboard keeps changing from my default!

I installed windows 10 and set English (UK) as my main display languaje.

However, as I live in Spain, my keyboard is spanish.

I even use Spanish locale so my dates and currencies are displayed the way they are in spain.

Because I use Eng language, I am forced to have installed Eng keyboard, there's no way (that I know of) to get rid of it.

The result?: Sometimes my keyboard changes from Spanish to English for no apparent reason, and I find myself having to select the correct keyboard over and over again.

I can't find the reason why this happens but the issue has been there forever. It's irritating as hell because you never know when is it going to change.

It drives me nuts, it does not make sense to change keyboards like that: I can get a person using both english and chinese input methods, but who shifts hardware keyboard to a different locale one on the go?

Is there any way to force windows to use only one single keyboard?

This keeps happening since the first Windows 10 version.

:)

RedNano, Jul 31, 2020

2. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Override Edge from PDF default

Hi Chris,

I realize that all web-based PDF pop open EDGE. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Follow the steps to set the default programs and check if that helps.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.

• Click on Set your Default programs and select the programs listed in the left side panel of the window to set defaults.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Close the window after setting the programs and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, follow these additional steps and check if that helps.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program option from the window.

• Click on the file type or protocol that you want to change and click on Change program.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Close the window after setting the programs defaults and check if the changes are effective.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Keyboard keeps changing from my default!

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard keeps changing from my default!

1. Keyboard keeps changing from my default! - Similar Threads - Keyboard keeps changing

2. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  3. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  4. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  5. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  6. Windows 10 keeps changing my default programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps changing my default programs: Okay, this has been documented for over 5 years by hundreds of people. When is MS going to do something about this. I spend alot of money and time on my computer and I'm contantly forced to stop what I'm doing to change my default apps back to my preferance. MS do you not...
  7. Default Printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer keeps changing: it seems whenever i use a PDF printer like Microsoft Print to PDF or PDF Factory, my default printer changes to that PDF printer even though i have the option to let windows select the printer set to off. Is there a way to stop this?...
  8. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  9. My keyboard keys keep changing.

My keyboard keys keep changing.: Sometimes I cannot type an @ symbol using the normal key nor can I type the pound sterling symbol. This is not consistent and can change whenever I log on/off. I have looked this up to check the keyboard setting which appear to be correct. Advice please?...
  10. My Default Printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Default Printer keeps changing: I have a default printer which is a network printer for 99% of my printing. However, I do use a local printer when printing checks. I have the default set to the network printer and that is what I have set for the past several years through Windows 7 and now with my...