Windows 10: Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help

Discus and support Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For five days now my keyboard keeps on changing to some weird configuration. apostrophes are transposed, closing parentheses have a slash - eg /)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brad 63, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Brad 63 Win User

Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help

For five days now my keyboard keeps on changing to some weird configuration.

apostrophes are transposed, closing parentheses have a slash - eg /)
    question marks have a plus - eg +?

and it ' s doing my head in!

I solved it with windows button plus space bar to flip back to the US keyboard layout. Then did CTRL SHIFT to ..... to whatever .......... somehow it worked.

The next day it did not work despite numerous attempts then suddenly did.
    The next day again........no idea how I actually fixed it but somehow I did.
    Yesterday, I fixed it by updating firefox - weird but true!!!!
    Today.............well.................I don' t know.

I can fix the apostrophe problem by remembering to type a space before an apostrophe but damn it, (!!!!! ) I shouldn't have to and I shouldn' t have to reinsert a cursor and backs pace to get rid of the slash before a parenthesis.

I'm using Windows 10 Version 18362.665

:)

Brad 63, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 "Update" Changed keyboard layout on welcome screen and I can't change it back.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How many keyboard language have you installed?
    If you have installed more than 1 keyboard language in your system, then I suggest you to remove the keyboard language other than default language and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to remove the language.

• Open Control panel.

• Click on language.

• Select the language and click on remove option at the top.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17424/windows-change-keyboard-layout

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help

HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help

1. Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help - Similar Threads - Keyboard Keeps Changing

2. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  3. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  4. Keyboard language keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language keeps changing: Hi, The language setting on my keyboard keep changing and switching the keyboard from US to UK. Further, the UK language is not configured on my PC as can be seen in this picture. I have check Office, again UK is not installed (see the other pic). Any ideas as to what's...
  5. Keyboard won't! Please help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't! Please help!!: I deleted the UpperFilters in one folder, and now my keyboard dosen't work!! My mouse still works and i can have desktop keyboard on my pc. Can someone please help me??! Windows 10 Dell...
  6. keyboard problems (Please help!)

keyboard problems (Please help!): On my keyboard if I press backspace, delete, or arrows, it highlights the text and I can not click out of it. did I hit a command or something? I need help as soon as possible I need to plane a trip for someone by tomorrow!...
  7. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with...
  8. KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING

KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING: even though I have deleted the English UK version via settings it is still showing up in the taskbar list and keeps switching. how do I delete from taskbar?...
  9. keyboard language keeps changing

keyboard language keeps changing: Since the last windows update my keyboard language keeps changing. That problem did not occur before the update but I can not get rid of it now. system language is English but keyboard is German (for practical reasons). I used override for default input method and German...
  10. Keyboard Error. Please Help

Keyboard Error. Please Help: Hi Guys, I am having trouble with the keyboard. When I try to Shift + 2 (At sign), it comes out as a double quote, like this: ". When I try to do Shift + 3 (Hashtag), it comes out as a pound sign: £. Also, when I try to do a double quote, or a single quote, it changes the...