Windows 10: Keyboard keeps disappearing

Discus and support Keyboard keeps disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting the Device Disconnect and Device Connect sounds quite often and then my Drop CTRL keyboard stops working and goes dead. I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by salvoza, Mar 14, 2020.

1. salvoza Win User

Keyboard keeps disappearing

I keep getting the Device Disconnect and Device Connect sounds quite often and then my Drop CTRL keyboard stops working and goes dead.

I have the following occur quite often that the keyboard disappears and to get it back, I need to go into the Device Manager and click on he Keyboards tab and then it will re-add it again.

I'm really at my wit's end as to what the problem could be.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

salvoza, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard keeps disappearing - Similar Threads - Keyboard keeps disappearing

2. MFC42U.dll keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFC42U.dll keeps disappearing: I have constantly had to replace MFC42U.dll because it continues to disappear. I have been trying to open Component Services and it shows that this dll is missing. After installing it into the Windows/System32 folder I get another error "The application was unable to start...
  3. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  4. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  5. chrome keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome keeps disappearing: This just started today. My partner was using her PC Windows 11 and all of a sudden, it went to default. The only thing that shows up was a white screen and the "Google" logo and search. Things like the screensaver, the shortcut icons, etc. disappeared. I went over and had to...
  6. FIles keep on disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIles keep on disappearing: Hi, I am just so worried ever since the windows keep updating that all of my files have disappeared including photos and documents, the interface changed and the icons I have clipped on my desktop have disappeared as well. I am not sure why and how that happened after the...
  7. Bluetooth keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keeps disappearing: I am seeing the following messageCurrently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-keeps-disappearing/353ffc7d-9dbd-44ba-a69d-2906d95bc498
  8. Bluetooth keeps disappearing

Bluetooth keeps disappearing: I have an Acer Aspire A515-51 laptop and I'm repeatedly having the problem of Bluetooth randomly ceasing to work out of nowhere every few weeks. I've fixed it in the past by uninstalling my Bluetooth drivers and installing the ones from my laptop manufacturer and it usually...
  9. Touch Keyboard Disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Keyboard Disappearing: I have an issue that has presented itself in the past month or so, where when using certain programs in tablet mode, the touch keyboard will go away after typing one letter, I can bring it back up but as soon as i touch it again it will once again disappear. I have seen this...
  10. Keyboard Driver Disappeared

Keyboard Driver Disappeared: Yesterday morning I used my computer before going to work and it had no issues. When I returned from work my keyboard wasn't working. At first I assumed the keyboard had died, but just now I traded keyboards with another computer and discovered that the problem wasn't with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop keyboard disappear before window start