Windows 10: Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup

Discus and support Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! This has been bugging me for a few days already. Upon startup, my keyboard keeps typing "8" on its own, filling up my password text box.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ephemyrelle, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup

Hi! This has been bugging me for a few days already. Upon startup, my keyboard keeps typing "8" on its own, filling up my password text box. Fortunately, I got an easy fix for this, I long press the "8" key and the nightmare stops. However, when I boot my laptop again, it comes back. Sometimes, it also goes on while I'm using my laptop, interrupting my daily activities like writing, etc.

Note: Upon long-pressing "8" and when the continuous typing stops, the "8" key stops functioning.

I already visited some threads about this and I see more people are recommending to buy a new keyboard. However, I beg to disagree. I don't think this is a hardware problem since the continuous typing stops upon long-pressing the key. I think there might have been a problem in the registry or something.

Please help.

:)

ephemyrelle, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup

1. Keyboard keeps typing "8" continuously every startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard keeps typing

2. Keyboard keeps on typing 777777

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps on typing 777777: This results in me not being able to sign in. Very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keeps-on-typing-777777/a6f79fa0-0e23-4ecb-8175-622cddc7d533
  3. Keyboard keeps on typing 777777

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keeps on typing 777777: This results in me not being able to sign in. Very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keeps-on-typing-777777/a6f79fa0-0e23-4ecb-8175-622cddc7d533
  4. Keyboard keeps on typing 777777

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard Not Typing On Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Not Typing On Startup: Recently whether it's a fresh start up or a restart, my keyboard refuses to let me type in my password. Caps lock and number lock work and the lights will turn on and off as I press their buttons, but my keyboard won't type anything in to the password box. I noticed that if I...
  6. Keyboard Not Typing On Startup

Keyboard Not Typing On Startup: Recently whether it's a fresh start up or a restart, my keyboard refuses to let me type in my password. Caps lock and number lock work and the lights will turn on and off as I press their buttons, but my keyboard won't type anything in to the password box. I noticed that if I...
  7. My keyboard is typing letter "å" continuously by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing letter "å" continuously by itself: I have a Windows 10 laptop that has been acting strangely today. I use Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes in addition to the standard applications.The Web browser, any written document, and even logon on startup keep typing "å" a Swedish letter continuously and...
  8. My keyboard is typing letter "å" continuously by itself

My keyboard is typing letter "å" continuously by itself: I have a Windows 10 laptop that has been acting strangely today. I use Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes in addition to the standard applications.The Web browser, any written document, and even logon on startup keep typing "å" a Swedish letter continuously and...
  9. My keyboard is typing letter "å" continuously by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Computer keeps freezing every 8-10s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing every 8-10s: Hi all, My computer seems to freeze around every 8s after I have been on it for around half an hour. The only quick fix I have found is to restart my computer whenever it starts to happen, if I don't do this the period my computer is frozen for seems to just increase. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard types 8 at startup