Windows 10: Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone

Discus and support Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hallo, I have the Pro version upgrade from WIN7 ULT and as keyboard the "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000". For about a half year I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbarbas, Sep 17, 2016.

1. cbarbas Win User

Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone

Hallo,

I have the Pro version upgrade from WIN7 ULT and as keyboard the "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000".

For about a half year I have this problem, key assignments are changing from alone, I am not sure if I am describing it correct but that is what is happening.

It is like the keyboard is switching as if I had clicked at the WIN key, I am not sure if this is also correct. I am just saying it because if I click the "E" for example, its opening an explorer window or if I click something else is like I am clicking at "START" etc. I had try to search about it and follow some directions on how to revert again to the normal keyboard but it doesnt seem to work for me.

Another problem is that when this is happening and I am clicking the cross to open a new TAB at the browser, it is opening a new browser window.

It is happening randomly and I didnt notice that this is happening after I do something or click something at the keyboard.

I have search to find a solution but couldn't find anything or someone to report any similar problem.

Everything is updated to the last stand/drivers version.

Thanks in advance

:)

cbarbas, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Hot Keys?

Hi Joshua,

To further assist you with your concern, we need to ask you the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you done an update or upgrade on your computer before this happened?
    • Do you remember changing any settings before this issue started to occur?
    • Just to clarify, what keyboard combination are you trying to use? Are you pressing "Ctrl" key alone, or are you pressing it with another key simultaneously?
    • When you are pressing the key, are you on the regular Home screen or are you inside an application or program?
    • Are you using 3rd party program to assign custom keyboard shortcuts to replace the regular ones? (Keyboard shortcuts in Windows)

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Raul'OZ Win User
    Windows 10 keyboard language changes on its own

Disable the keyboard sequence to change keyboard layout:

Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced settings > Switching
    input methods > Change language bar hotkeys > Change key sequence... > Switch keyboard layout > Not
    Assigned

Raul'OZ, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone

1. Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone - Similar Threads - Keyboard Key Assignments

2. Keyboard Keys Re-assignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys Re-assignment: How do I re-assign keyboard keys in settings? None of the keyboard menus answer this question. The keys I want to re-assign are the @ key and " key, which are currently swapped, and the hash key, which produces a £ sign....
  3. Keyboard Keys Re-assignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys Re-assignment: How do I re-assign keyboard keys in settings? None of the keyboard menus answer this question. The keys I want to re-assign are the @ key and " key, which are currently swapped, and the hash key, which produces a £ sign....
  4. change key assignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change key assignment: When I was sitting at my laptop in the evening, the windows button worked fine, and then it stopped, now the button does not open the menu but pauses the video or music, I looked at a lot of tips but none helped...
  5. change key assignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change key assignment: When I was sitting at my laptop in the evening, the windows button worked fine, and then it stopped, now the button does not open the menu but pauses the video or music, I looked at a lot of tips but none helped...
  6. How to change the assigned sign on a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the assigned sign on a key: Hello,I want to change the sign which is assigned on a certain key on a keyboard of Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop.I understood that it can possibly be done with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center MMKC. However, this doesn't work for me, since MMKC says that no supported device...
  7. Keyboard Keys mismatched/Doing un-assigned macros.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Keys mismatched/Doing un-assigned macros.: I was lately having problems relating my Lenovo L430 keyboard, whenever I'd press the S key it would mute/unmute. Whenever I'd press the CapsLock key it would decrease volume, and whenever I'd press the W key it would increase volume... I was wondering if someone has this...
  8. Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?

Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?: Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ? I installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, but when it ran it said it could not detect any devices. If I plugged in a mouse and keyboard, used the tool to change settings, then unplugged the keyboard,...
  9. Assigning a custom command to a keyboard "F" function key

Assigning a custom command to a keyboard "F" function key: Hi all, I would like to create a custom function for a "F" key. For example, I would like to have a shortcut that opens a regularly used folder on a particular drive in my PC simply by hitting "F6". Currently I have to do multiple clicks as the folder sits inside other...
  10. Bright change alone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bright change alone: I bought the laptop 15 days ago and when I working in my laptop surface windows 10, the bright change alone all the time the bright up and down alone. Anybody knows what happens? Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing keyboard assignments windows 10