Windows 10: Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone

Discus and support Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hallo, I have the Pro version upgrade from WIN7 ULT and as keyboard the "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000". For about a half year I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbarbas, Sep 17, 2016.

1. cbarbas Win User

Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone

Hallo,

I have the Pro version upgrade from WIN7 ULT and as keyboard the "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000".

For about a half year I have this problem, key assignments are changing from alone, I am not sure if I am describing it correct but that is what is happening.

It is like the keyboard is switching as if I had clicked at the WIN key, I am not sure if this is also correct. I am just saying it because if I click the "E" for example, its opening an explorer window or if I click something else is like I am clicking at "START" etc. I had try to search about it and follow some directions on how to revert again to the normal keyboard but it doesnt seem to work for me.

Another problem is that when this is happening and I am clicking the cross to open a new TAB at the browser, it is opening a new browser window.

It is happening randomly and I didnt notice that this is happening after I do something or click something at the keyboard.

I have search to find a solution but couldn't find anything or someone to report any similar problem.

Everything is updated to the last stand/drivers version.

Thanks in advance

:)

cbarbas, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Hot Keys?

Hi Joshua,

To further assist you with your concern, we need to ask you the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you done an update or upgrade on your computer before this happened?
    • Do you remember changing any settings before this issue started to occur?
    • Just to clarify, what keyboard combination are you trying to use? Are you pressing "Ctrl" key alone, or are you pressing it with another key simultaneously?
    • When you are pressing the key, are you on the regular Home screen or are you inside an application or program?
    • Are you using 3rd party program to assign custom keyboard shortcuts to replace the regular ones? (Keyboard shortcuts in Windows)

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Raul'OZ Win User
    Windows 10 keyboard language changes on its own

Disable the keyboard sequence to change keyboard layout:

Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced settings > Switching
    input methods > Change language bar hotkeys > Change key sequence... > Switch keyboard layout > Not
    Assigned

Raul'OZ, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone

1. Keyboard Key Assignments Changing Alone - Similar Threads - Keyboard Key Assignments

2. keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys: How do I change my keyboard back to being able to use the àt`symbol. I am stuck with " instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys/2d74eeaf-b7db-41ff-a732-d86cd2c23f24
  3. hot key for keyboard language change

hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  4. how to assign the function keys

how to assign the function keys: How do I assign the function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-the-function-keys/be4471e2-dc08-43cf-a6df-67e985e30a7c
  5. how to assign f key to comtrol camera

how to assign f key to comtrol camera: how to assign fkey to turn and off camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-f-key-to-comtrol-camera/f34d923e-ca99-447a-99d9-49ab29438592
  6. My keyboard keys keep changing.

My keyboard keys keep changing.: Sometimes I cannot type an @ symbol using the normal key nor can I type the pound sterling symbol. This is not consistent and can change whenever I log on/off. I have looked this up to check the keyboard setting which appear to be correct. Advice please?...
  7. Change drive letters assigned

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change drive letters assigned: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  8. Change assigned drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Change assigned drive letters: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  9. Software to assign function keys?

Software to assign function keys?: I would like to make function keys to mute, volume up, and volume down. How can this be done? Are there hot keys or shortcuts to do this? Or is there software that can assign these to function keys? 58791
  10. Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON): Hi... Just updated my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Am currently testing our applications before we upgrade the rest of our PCs to Windows. One of my concern with Windows 10 is the Mail client won't run unless the User Account Control is turned on. When I turn this...