Windows 10: Keyboard key "H" issues.

Discus and support Keyboard key "H" issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a custom built Windows 10 gaming PC that is giving me problems. It has been working fine up until I mad a small mistake and was forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToeRare7562, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Keyboard key "H" issues.

So I have a custom built Windows 10 gaming PC that is giving me problems. It has been working fine up until I mad a small mistake and was forced to wipe and restore my PC earlier this week. After the restore i noticed that the lower case H key is not responding. Now if i turn on caps lock and hold sift while pressing the H key then the lower case H works just fine. Also i can press any commanding key while pressing h and it will perform its assigned task. Has anyone else faced this same issue or does anyone know a solution as i have bought a new keyboard and also tried resetting my keyboard and have had no luck.

submitted by /u/ToeRare7562
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToeRare7562, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 31, 2020
  3. paul4dc Win User
    Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the
    windows key.

This issue occurs when:

-I'm typing a url in Chrome/Edge

-Using cortana search

-Searching on Facebook and Typing messages

-Searching in Youtube

It doesnt delete all text in Microsoft Office and Notepad but it still can't drag icons etc until I press the windows key.

P.S This doesn't happen when i press g and h using on screen keyboard. It only happens when I use the built in laptop keyboard.

Thank you to whoever responds!

paul4dc, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Keyboard key "H" issues.

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard key "H" issues.

1. Keyboard key "H" issues. - Similar Threads - Keyboard key issues

2. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not workingwhenever I type g and h keys they don't work until the 10th time i press them.I am using a brand new surface laptop 5.thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ea76784e-fef0-4a33-b3c7-99a10982720f
  3. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not workingwhenever I type g and h keys they don't work until the 10th time i press them.I am using a brand new surface laptop 5.thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ea76784e-fef0-4a33-b3c7-99a10982720f
  4. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working

Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working: My Samsung laptop keys w, e, g, h are not working I have tried advance troubleshooter it said no need for update or changes made it is two years old windows 10 OS never had such a problem before can you help?...
  6. Key H is not working.

Key H is not working.: Dear Team,I am using the Laptop of HP. In my laptop , Key H is not working. I have also tried through external keyboard. i faced same problem.I am not able to open the laptop because there is a password in which H has been included...kindly help me.......
  7. Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H": Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the windows key. This...
  8. g and h keys not working

g and h keys not working: g and h keys not working whenever I type g and h keys they either tend to reload the page or on notepad spams the date. I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ace034ea-884c-4f0e-9b17-a5c609d46e97
  9. Windows Key + H Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + H Does Nothing: ... so cannot open Dictation. Elsewhere people found changing "keyboard layout" fixed this but I don't know how to do this and those threads were locked for some stupid reason....
  10. Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.: I am uncertain as to what cause this to happen but my prt sc, plus/equals button and delete key not working. I know that the keyboard is still working because for a brief period I had gotten all of these buttons to function again however Pressing the Prt SC button does not do...