Windows 10: keyboard key not working

Discus and support keyboard key not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have updated my laptop. but the backkey in the keyboard as stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BhupinderSingh7, Aug 27, 2019.

1. keyboard key not working

I have updated my laptop. but the backkey in the keyboard as stopped working

:)

BhupinderSingh7, Aug 27, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

keyboard key not working

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

keyboard key not working

1. keyboard key not working - Similar Threads - keyboard key working

2. Keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working: Hi my laptop was broken so i returned it to dell repair center. After repairing, when i got i have to set everything again. It was like a new laptop. But, now i am not able to use the keyboard shortcut keys like incese/decrease volume and brighness etc. copy paste is working....
  3. Keyboard Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Keys Not Working: For some reason my space, a, s and d keys aren't working, I recently did a factory reset and all of the sudden some of my keys wont work , these aren't swapped with the arrow keys as i have checked that, how do I fix it? I am on PC with a separate keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Keys not working

Keyboard Keys not working: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S145, and a week ago, suddenly out of the blue some of my keyboard keys stop working properly. I would press them but those letters werent getting typed. Then I realized that this was happening only to keys in the qwerty row q-p. I have tried...
  5. Keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working: The backspace key is not working and the 't' and 'y' key delete all that i type disappears same thing happens with the shift key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-not-working/40ef3e05-c9b2-4e3a-8a36-b7bf61dcccaf
  6. Keyboard keys not working

Keyboard keys not working: The backspace key is not working and the 't' and 'y' key delete all that i type disappears same thing happens with the shift key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-not-working/40ef3e05-c9b2-4e3a-8a36-b7bf61dcccaf
  7. Keyboard keys not working

8. keys not working on keyboard

keys not working on keyboard: just earlier my keyboard stopped letting me use w + a or d keys together i cant see anything related on google or in the settings for devices my keyboard hasnt previously had this problem other wasd imputes like s+a or d work its just in correlation with the w key...
  9. keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys not working: My keyboard keys are not working properly since I did my last update.In just 2 days almost 7-8 keys have stopped working.What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-not-working/b3a18ffe-2516-4cbb-8c18-b4f8559df984
  10. keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard keys not working: hey My latop some keys are not working.I delete and update the driver for keyboard but in vain ,plz help window 10 hell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-not-working/2672d013-fde2-4a92-9869-ba07a5628332

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl KEY NOT WORKING