Windows 10: Keyboard key spontaneously remapped

Discus and support Keyboard key spontaneously remapped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently after using Windows a while the "l" key lower case on the keyboard gets mapped into the "move to the rightmost desktop" key. or maybe just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobFrankston, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Keyboard key spontaneously remapped

Recently after using Windows a while the "l" key lower case on the keyboard gets mapped into the "move to the rightmost desktop" key. or maybe just repeated "move desktop right" actions.

This is not a physical problem since it even happens if I use a Bluetooth keyboard. Sometimes it fixes itself spontaneously though I typically reboot though, even that, doesn't always work.

I tried to find the mapping including using Power Toys to see if the mapping is listed.

Any ideas?

:)

BobFrankston, Oct 19, 2020

2. External keyboard keys remapped

Hi, some keys on my external keyboard that I use with my laptop have been remapped.

They have been remapped like this:

2 remapped to Insert

3 remapped to Home

4 remapped to 'W'

5 remapped to Delete

I tried the laptop's inbuilt keyboard and there are no issues whatsoever. I don't know if it is a software or hardware issue.

AbelBenoie, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Remapping keyboard keys

thanks for this but the first post is to "assign a macro or program to a key" which is not what i want to do.

Im not sure why i would need to run the troubleshooter because there is nothing wrong with the keyboard i just want to remap the keys.

i am unsure also why you are referring me to update with the media creation tool? these seem completely unrelated to my problem....

note: i just tried selecting the 'send key combinations' on my remote desktop client and this allowed the remapping software to recognise the CMD key as the left windows key so i thought i was in luck. i remapped it in the software to the left CRTL key and
    restarted but it doesnt seem to have done anything at all....frustrating.

Default Username 40, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Keyboard key spontaneously remapped

Remapping keyboard keys

I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks.

Default Username 40, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard key spontaneously remapped

1. Keyboard key spontaneously remapped - Similar Threads - Keyboard key spontaneously

2. Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason: Yesterday, while browsing in Chrome, I realised that some of my keyboard keys had been remapped. As I am writing this, I am using the touch keyboard to type.Currently, these are the problem keysn - <Notification Panel> z - z7 7 - z7 WinKey - <Notification Panel> on Win10, it...
  3. Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys Remapped for no reason: Yesterday, while browsing in Chrome, I realised that some of my keyboard keys had been remapped. As I am writing this, I am using the touch keyboard to type.Currently, these are the problem keysn - <Notification Panel> z - z7 7 - z7 WinKey - <Notification Panel> on Win10, it...
  4. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  5. Remap single key of bluetooth keyboard

Remap single key of bluetooth keyboard: Is there any way to remap a single key on a bluetooth keyboard? It is a key that opens up a new instance of my internet browser (see link). Instead I would like it to take a screenshot of my screen. https://imgur.com/2NjjTKC submitted by /u/klkmom [link] [comments]...
  6. Remap Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remap Keyboard: I installed the new Powertoys from Microsoft and I was able to remap the F7 key the way I wanted to. I would like to know if there is a way to remap the function keys with a second mapping maybe Ctrl F7 for example, also is is possible to map something like ctrl L to do...
  7. keyboard key remapping app recommendations?

keyboard key remapping app recommendations?: I work on a Macbook and at home I use a Windows 10 PC. I know I can remap keys on my Macbook but I think I now prefer they key mappings there than on Windows. Wondering if I there are any recommended apps remapping keys on Windows submitted by /u/andy_d0 [link] [comments]...
  8. Keyboard remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Keyboard remapping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...