Windows 10: Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded

Discus and support Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My 'Z' key no longer works once Windows has completed loading. It works perfectly while Windows is in the process of loading however. According to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by QT-Pro, Apr 29, 2019.

1. QT-Pro Win User

Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded

My 'Z' key no longer works once Windows has completed loading. It works perfectly while Windows is in the process of loading however.

According to the Reliability Monitor, the following error is detected:

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 16.7.9.1027
    Problem Signature 03: 5bc44a82
    Problem Signature 04: IAStorUtil
    Problem Signature 05: 16.7.9.1027
    Problem Signature 06: 5bc44a7f
    Problem Signature 07: 12
    Problem Signature 08: 0
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 9281
    Additional Information 2: 9281f91a38525993ce477e7332832786
    Additional Information 3: e65b
    Additional Information 4: e65bcd2c8afb8d18359c159c7881d2e6

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: d8e50b45f8462f9879084ce9c0f96622 (1803776217610544674)

The following steps have been taken so far but have failed to resolve the issue:
    1. Uninstalled the driver for Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, rebooted, reinstalled same.
    2. Disabled all services, rebooted.
    3. Re-enabled all services, rebooted, ran sfc /scannow. Corrupt files were found and repaired, rebooted.
    4. Ran a complete scan with Windows Defender. No virus detected.

I also noted that the 'Z' key works while all start-up programs have launched. The problem appears invisibly afterwards so it is not down to one of my programs.

Any ideas please?

:)

QT-Pro, Apr 29, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded

1. Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded - Similar Threads - Keyboard key stops

2. Windows 10 has stopped fully loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has stopped fully loading: <removed by moderator>Windows 10 has stopped fully loading up it just freezes. I have to force shut down and reboot. I also have to shut down and reboot when ever I try to delete a folder because I get told that my 1 and only profile on my computer doesn't have admin access....
  3. Windows 10 has stopped fully loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has stopped fully loading: <removed by moderator>Windows 10 has stopped fully loading up it just freezes. I have to force shut down and reboot. I also have to shut down and reboot when ever I try to delete a folder because I get told that my 1 and only profile on my computer doesn't have admin access....
  4. Windows 10 has stopped fully loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard letter keys stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard letter keys stop working: I’ve seen different threads to what i think is a similar problem, but as yet not found the solution.essentially withing 5 minutes of firing up the computer the typing function stops. Tab seems to still work and some of the periferal keys, but letters and numbers, punctuation...
  6. Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10)

Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10): After a windows update, my keyboard which used to be able to hold several keys at a time now won't do more than 2. I've looked into this but the only information I find is about keyboards that were built with this limitation, rather than my issue which just started happening...
  7. random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10: Im playing a game and randomly my keys will stop working, specifically M, 0, Enter, and all the F keys. But i test it on some other applications and it doesnt work there either. So i unplugged my keyboard and plug it back in some time later and now the keys work.... for a...
  8. Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load

Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load: As soon as Windows login complete Touch Pad and Keyboard stop working Model: HP Pavilion 360 Windows 10 Troubleshooting tried Keyboard and touch Pad working well before Login Keyboard verified on startup after pressing Eec key on start ,keyboard works well...
  9. keyboard volume keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard volume keys stopped working: After latest update computer was not running correctly and had to reset it back to before the update, anyway, somewhere in the mix, my F9 & F10 (volume down and volume up) keys quit working. I push and nothing. I have to go click on the volume icon in the icon tray to change...
  10. Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading

Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading: Hello, My laptop model is Asus Zenbook UX310UQ model. Past two weeks, laptop display stopped to work and it works good when I connect to secondary display. Initially I thought there is some graphics card cable issue. Later I realized that I see the Asus logo everytime when...