Windows 10: Keyboard key stuck not physically

Discus and support Keyboard key stuck not physically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PreyanshSoni, May 16, 2021.

1. Keyboard key stuck not physically

As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep hitting simultaneously. While playing videos on player or in YouTube the "up" key stuck and the volume goes 100% all the time. At first the key "8" and "6" was stuck while using notepad but its shifts to "up" key now. I don't know how to resolve it, I can't scroll down as the key hits all the time. Please help.I have uni

:)

PreyanshSoni, May 16, 2021
  2. Jone A Win User

F7 key stuck but not physically

My F7 key stuck however it is not physically stuck, i can press it and can see it is not physically stuck at all despite it constantly registers F7 input in the system and turn on function like caret keyboard or debugging tool in FF.
    Note:
    2) sticky key functions are all disable
    3) windows 10
    4) HP Envy m7 note book laptop
    5) uninstalled keyboard driver
    6) 1 out of 2 HID uninstalled

Jone A, May 16, 2021
  3. Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work (not physically)

The control, windows, alt and space keys keep getting stuck down. I have tried using the onscreen keyboard to unclick the keys, but the control key always remains stuck. The right control key stopped working when this problem started. It still physically
    clicks.

This makes me unable to type.

I have restarted the computer and uninstalled the keyboard drivers but this problem still occurs. How can I fix it?

DavidWu0318, May 16, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard key stuck not physically

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard key stuck not physically

1. Keyboard key stuck not physically - Similar Threads - Keyboard key stuck

2. Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically: I am using a Razer Blade 14 2023Sometimes when I am typing, after letting go a key that same key would just continue to be register resulting in the same key being typed repeatedly until i press that same key again, or another case is that key not being registered. Originally...
  3. Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Key getting stuck not physically: I am using a Razer Blade 14 2023Sometimes when I am typing, after letting go a key that same key would just continue to be register resulting in the same key being typed repeatedly until i press that same key again, or another case is that key not being registered. Originally...
  4. ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically: For some reason, today my ‘]’ key started randomly being stuck. I don’t know what could have triggered it, since I hadn’t even pressed it once both times this happened today. But whenever i open any place I am able to type, it spams that key I have to say it isn’t just...
  5. Up key is stuck but not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Up key is stuck but not physically: My up key is stuck but not physically or anything. When i click on the windows start button my up key goes crazy on its own and i dont know how to fix it. Its hard to explain....
  6. Keyboard key stuck not physically

Keyboard key stuck not physically: As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep...
  7. Q key stuck, but not physically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Q key stuck, but not physically.: You probably seen this before but its really annoying and nothing has worked, the Q key gets stuck after some time, sometimes it takes an hour sometimes 5 minutes after the laptop is turned on,it just keeps pressing Q messing everything up. Uninstalled the keyboard driver and...
  8. Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.: I have an Asus gaming laptop and recently it has been doing this thing where I cannot type. The keys are linked to the "Hot Keys" aka WIN + D = Desktop, WIN + S = search, etc. - I've uninstalled keyboard drivers - Restarted multiple times - All the little tricks people...
  9. Windows key is stuck not physically

Windows key is stuck not physically: Everytime i use a windows + any key shortcut the windows key gets stuck and it even shows on the on screen keyboard. I have disabled sticky keys and other easy access keyboard options and uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers.It has only recently been happening in...
  10. Up key stuck, not physically.

Up key stuck, not physically.: It's been happening for a while. Every time I open a menu, no matter if it's the Windows menu, or the search menu, or the options menu, my laptop will think that the up key is being pressed and it will scroll up non-stop. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an Asus X556UAK....