Windows 10: Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results

Discus and support Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Pressing a key on the keyboard can produce completely irregular results. Some times the keystroke doesn't register at all some times it registers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by msl09, Sep 1, 2020.

1. msl09 Win User

Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results

Pressing a key on the keyboard can produce completely irregular results. Some times the keystroke doesn't register at all some times it registers multiple times. This is a new behaviour that's happening with an old windows 10 installation. They keyboard apparently works fine with my chromebook.

Replacing the microsft wireless keyboard with a mechanical keyboard produces different errors that also don't seem to happen on the chromebook.

The problem appears with multiple programs including videogames.

How do I solve this issue?

:)

msl09, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Eddie9000 Win User

Sculpt keyboard does not detect keypress after inactivity, or repeats the keypress

I use Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse at home and at work. With both keyboards I have issues with keypresses not being detected or being repeated after the button has been released.

• When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the first keypress does not register. This is also true when the monitor has been turned off because of inactivity, and when the computer has gone to sleep because of inactivity. The next keypress will
      however always register.
    • When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the key can get stuck repeating the keypress until the key is pressed again. This often happens when I'm watching a YouTube video and presses the spacebar to pause the video. The result is that the
      YouTube player will pause and unpause multiple times a second until I press spacebar again.
    I'm running English Windows 10 updated as of 5/22/2017 with the official Microsoft keyboard software installed. One keyboard is Swedish and use the Swedish keyboard layout. The other is Korean and use the US keyboard layout. The wireless receiver connected
    to the computer is in both cases about 50cm/20" from the keyboard itself, with only the computer monitor blocking the direct path. In both locations there are WiFi routers close by, and in my office environment there are other computers nearby with wireless
    devices.

Eddie9000, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Keyboard irregularity

In Windows 10, my Microsoft Curve Keyboard suddenly switched the @ key with the " key! I want it back. I tried checking languages, but there are no irregularities there. A

AnthonyMoore16040, Sep 1, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results - Similar Threads - Keyboard keypresses produce

2. How to make the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator produce correct results for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator produce correct results for Windows 11?: I bought a new computer and it comes with Windows 11.I start building a new layout for the keyboard since Microsoft does not have a layout for the Native Brazillian Dvorak.All works well until I start to use:sometimes it does not appear on the language bar.the language bar...
  3. How to make the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator produce correct results for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator produce correct results for Windows 11?: I bought a new computer and it comes with Windows 11.I start building a new layout for the keyboard since Microsoft does not have a layout for the Native Brazillian Dvorak.All works well until I start to use:sometimes it does not appear on the language bar.the language bar...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  5. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  6. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  8. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  9. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053