Windows 10: Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.

Discus and support Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have found a strange behaviour in the Keys of Keyboard after the current windows update. The Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work on startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Praveendba, Aug 2, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

1. Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.

I have found a strange behaviour in the Keys of Keyboard after the current windows update. The Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work on startup and takes around 15 minutes or this keys to work.

:)

2. Drew1903 Win User

Keyboard keys A, S, D< F, K, L, ; and " not working

Let me know if I've understood correctly. It had 7, you Upgraded to 10 & then when did you "re-installed 10, again"? Before or after the K/B went awry?

The Roll-back to previous goes away 30 days after Upgrading.

Anyway, here are suggestions:

1. Do a System Restore to a date when the K/B was ok.

if, that doesn't right things

2. Do a Reset, telling it to keep everything. You will only have to reload User installed software & it will give you a list of those items.

Pls, let me know the status after either or both of these before taking any other, further action.

Cheers,

Drew

Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes. 45492811-882a-48ab-8ab2-6ec589cc0b7f.jpg

PS: We're sure nobody spilled Pepsi or something on it, right? Sure weird to have 6 keys suddenly quit.

3. AFTommy Win User
    Keyboard keys switched

After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default does nothing. The other changes are listed below, the errors are in bold red;

! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

Q W E R T Y U I O P { } ~

q w e r t y u i o p [ ] #

A S D F G H J K L : @

a s d f g h j k l ; '

Z X C V B N M < > ?

z x c v b n m , . /

4. Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.

some keyboard keys not working with shift key.

Recently,i installed the windows update after which my laptop keyword keys stop working with shift key.keys like l,k,j,a,s,d,','.>< stop working with shift key but they working perfectly with caps lock.

I have tried troubleshoot and uninstalling the keyboard driver but nothing happen.

rAthOre_sHiv, Aug 2, 2020 at 12:05 AM
Thema:

Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.

1. Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes. - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys doesn't

2. "K" key no long works normally on any keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "K" key no long works normally on any keyboard: Hello all, I've run across an odd issue that I've been ignoring for quite some time, but I thought I should see if anyone else had run a crossed it before. For some odd reason, the k key on my PC has refused to work. It's not my keyboard, as I've tried several including...
  3. "D" key on keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "D" key on keyboard not working properly: Originally posted to r/keyboards but I need all the help I can get. Hi, After an hour of playing dota, my keyboard letter "d" went mad. When I press it, it does multiple actions: types weqbvrtx, turns on/off caps lock, and right clicks at the same time. I have tried to...
  4. CTRL+F doesn't work

CTRL+F doesn't work: I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it, and all the keys definitely work individually (for example I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F just fine for some applications...
  5. Keyboard Doesn't Work For One Minute After Startup

Keyboard Doesn't Work For One Minute After Startup: A very strange thing started happening recently. Every once in a while, the keyboard will cease to work for a minute after startup of the computer. It doesn't work on Microsoft Edge or the Cortana search bar, but it will work on file explorer, computer login, and other apps...
  6. keyboard's windows or start key is not working

in Cortana
    keyboard's windows or start key is not working: I want to know that why my laptop's keyboard 's window's key is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboards-windows-or-start-key-is-not-working/132caf12-c373-4db1-9d0a-a849a1dcf612"
  7. The F keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The F keys on the keyboard: For some reason, anytime I press the keys on the top of my laptop's computer, such as the volume or brightness buttons, it just goes straight to the F key's function, such as opening inspect. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. Windows Key + L or + R not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + L or + R not working: I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset. I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I have noticed that Windows Key + L or +R or plus anything does not work. I do hear a sound when I do it. What am I supposed...
  9. Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working: As the title says, in my Surface Pro 4 (the latest one released in 2018), the start+L keyboard shortcut no longer works. This shortcut still works in my other Surface Pro 3. This started happening a few weeks ago. I've found (elsewhere online) some users have reported that...
  10. Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L

Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L: Hello. I was automatically upgraded from Windows 8.1 last night to Windows 10 (64 bit). My main drives C and D are now showing up twice in Windows Explorer -- as K and L. This is confusing the heck out of my backup tool. How do I get rid of these second instances? The drive...