Windows 10: Keyboard Keys behaving weird

Discus and support Keyboard Keys behaving weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbhinavVaidya, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working

:)

AbhinavVaidya, Sep 18, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Keyboard behave weird

Hello Fikri,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and will certainly assist you regarding the issue.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you try connecting another keyboard and check if the issue persists? If not, let us know regarding this.
    Let’s try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

1. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

3. Click on Hardware and Devices.

4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, let’s clean boot in safe mode to see if any 3rd party application is causing the issue.

Method 2: Perform clean boot.

Let's place your computer in clean boot
    state and then try to install updates.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    to reset computer as usual.

If the issue persists, follow the method below to update drivers

Method 3: Update Keyboard Drivers

I suggest you to Update the Windows 10 Drivers for the Keyboard and check if it help.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10”by Mr. Andre Da Costa
    to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope the above information helps. Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

Keyboard behave weird

suddenly when i use my keyboard this morning, it behave weird,

when i turn my numlock on, my alphabet e will write e9 and my num 9 will write e9 too, when i turn off my num lock, my alphabet e became home and my num 9 became e with home button after i press it. my num 7 suddenly became caps lock button and vice versa
    , in chrome when i click page down it became num lock on/off, my home button became 3 and my 3 became home9 , please99 help

gigabyte p35

Fikri Maureza, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard Keys behaving weird

1. Keyboard Keys behaving weird - Similar Threads - Keyboard Keys behaving

2. Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer: My keyboard behaves very strangely - input lag+ keystrokes will seemingly repeat at random, as if a key got stuck and pressed down for several seconds - but it only does this as far as I can tell when I'm doing data transfers between drives. I swapped out for a different...
  3. Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer: My keyboard behaves very strangely - input lag+ keystrokes will seemingly repeat at random, as if a key got stuck and pressed down for several seconds - but it only does this as far as I can tell when I'm doing data transfers between drives. I swapped out for a different...
  4. volume buttons behaving weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  5. volume buttons behaving weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  6. Laptop behaving kinda weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop behaving kinda weird: Hello everyone.So i've been Experiencing this problem since the past like couple of days i was using my laptop and all of a sudden i got UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION Bsod then the laptop restarted but it was really really slowed down and after i opened something it just froze...
  7. Windows is behaving weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows is behaving weird: So I have encountered a strange problem in my windows 10 pc. When I turn on my pc, I am unable to type numbers either through the numeric keypad or the numbers at the top. When I press the number keys on topwithout pressing shift key it types symbols and not numbers....
  8. Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly

Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly: Hi, I have two issues that seem linked, though I can't say exactly how 1 When using "Left Alt+number from number pad + release alt" to enter a special character, only the last digit of the number is taken into account. For instance, if I press Alt+247, hoping to get an...
  9. Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way.

Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way.: Good part of the day. When my laptop's keyboard is standing by for a while (at least 10 minutes, sleep mode is included) some keys like as 'Q', 'S', 'D', 'G', 'J' and a full stop stop responding at all. After approximately 1 minute of using the keyboard everything works fine...
  10. Programs flashing and behaving weird.

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs flashing and behaving weird.: Hello all, recently programs on my computer - both games and programs like the disc cleaner, flash weirdly and act strange. I really don't know how best to describe it but basically some parts of a programs window will flash, and the icon on my taskbar will disappear and then...