Windows 10: Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

Discus and support Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobStevens21, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

* Moved from IE10/other

* Original title: keyboard

:)

BobStevens21, Jan 17, 2021

2. Keys 3edc will not work Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Hi everyone,

I have a Microsoft Wired Keyboard Keyboard 600 and the keys 3 e d and c no longer work. I have:

• cleaned the debris out of the keyboard using the vacuum cleaner
    • plugged it into my laptop to use as an external keyboard
    • updated the driver through Device Manager
    • uninstalled and reinstalled it through Device Manager
    and the keys are still not working.

The onscreen keyboard works fine but considering I am using the wired keyboard on a desktop computer, it is hardly functional for typing.

Does anyone have any further hints or tips (aside from buying a new keyboard)?

Sarah_Frances, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Crudesthi Win User
    My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working.

My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working, i've spent hours to find why it doesn't work. I had a malware before I factory-resetted. But now it's gone. Again someone please help me. I'm writing this on my screenkeyboard.

Note: I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 720

Crudesthi, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Has the Notebook been worked on? Do any of those keys work if holding down the Shift key? Have you used compressed air to blow out any crud that may be blocking the keys?

It's not expensive nor hard to replace the keyboard, usually can find a video or step-by-step articles on the 'net.
    Amazon shows a new keyboard:
    Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) Laptop Keyboard - YH3FC - Genuine Dell Part: Computers Accessories

Berton, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

1. Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys number

2. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  3. keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.: this happens in two laptops. One is HP and another is dell. sometimes, the keys won't register when you press it. It feels like it comes and goes. The most unreliable key is backspace. some times it stops working for 10 seconds and then works perfectly for a while and then...
  4. My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working.: My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working, i've spent hours to find why it doesn't work. I had a malware before I factory-resetted. But now it's gone. Again someone please help me. I'm writing this on my screenkeyboard. Note: I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 720...
  5. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...
  6. Keyboard caps lock reversed and number keys not working only during logging into laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard caps lock reversed and number keys not working only during logging into laptop.: My keyboard types automatically in capital while logging in to my laptop without using shift or capslock. I also cant type numbers from either of the number keys. This only happens during logging in and I have checked for hardware issue on keyboardtester. I am using HP...
  7. "D" key on keyboard not working properly

"D" key on keyboard not working properly: Originally posted to r/keyboards but I need all the help I can get. Hi, After an hour of playing dota, my keyboard letter "d" went mad. When I press it, it does multiple actions: types weqbvrtx, turns on/off caps lock, and right clicks at the same time. I have tried to...
  8. Keyboard Number Key

Keyboard Number Key: I have a Envy HP and I cant use the number key on the right side of my keyboard. How can I enable the numbers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-number-key/2546fbe6-7af1-4b47-8f3e-9419bb47f47e
  9. Certain keys from my keyboard work sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys from my keyboard work sometimes: My problem began with the spacebar, enter key and backspace, they just stopped working, they even wouldn't turn on the backlight on my keyboard, then I just tried what someone said in another post, to hold them about a few seconds and suddenly they began to work again. Some...
  10. Numbers on keyboard not working

Numbers on keyboard not working: Since yesterday my keyboard was not working properly, as in upon pressing the shift key, the symbols would not appear. I tried to fix this by using windows recovery, to no avail, these issues appeared as seen in the reliability window. And furthermore, I can only use numbers...