Windows 10: Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

Discus and support Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Benedetto Fontanot, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on the lenght of the inactiviy period. For example when i open my pc, these keys don't work for around 30 seconds after i press them, and then they will work without any problem. So when I open my pc I have to press the key A, without anything happening, and then after about 30 seconds when i press it again it works fine.But th

:)

Benedetto Fontanot, Mar 18, 2023

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2023
  4. vincortez Win User

Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

The on-screen period ( . ) and character ( > ) work fine.

Every other key and character works fine on the physical keyboard as well, it just the physical period key that is not working.

I have not tried an external keyboard yet. I don't have one.

vincortez, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

1. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys working

2. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  3. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  4. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  5. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  6. No password prompt after period of inactivity

No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  7. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  8. After a period of inactivity, program goes black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a period of inactivity, program goes black?: Hi, After I turn on my laptop from sleep when I've been gone for a period of time, one of the open windows ends up going black. Generally this happens with Chrome, but sometimes it happens with Discord and other programs. Could someone point me to help? Thanks submitted by...
  9. Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard: Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was due to the latest update, but the period key isn't working, I have tried everything; updating drivers, rebooting, physical cleaning, and it does not work When I use the on-screen keyboard, it does work. I use this computer for work...
  10. System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly): Hi all, I didn't know where to put this thread, but because it has to do with system performance, I thought this might be the best place to post my issues with Win 10. Let me get straight to the point: Up-to-date Windows 10 install (ver 1511 OS Build 10586.36) I haven't...