Windows 10: Keyboard keys not working after update

Discus and support Keyboard keys not working after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the latest windows update my keyboard has started acting up. Some keys aren’t working at all now, such as b, ctrl, h, n, 0 etc. I am typing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonFas, Feb 17, 2021.

1. LeonFas Win User

Keyboard keys not working after update

After the latest windows update my keyboard has started acting up. Some keys aren’t working at all now, such as b, ctrl, h, n, 0 etc. I am typing this with the on screen accessibility keyboard. I have done everything I have been advised to through googling, updating drivers, checking with system file checker, uninstalling it and reinstalling, everything. But it’s only getting worse, and is obviously unusable in its current state. Is there any way to fix this? It’s clearly the update that has done it, as the keyboard occasionally works and lets me use those keys, but today nothing I do will work so it’s done for. I would restore to previous to the update but windows update is saying that it’s not supported anyone if I do so. If I do that, will I never be able to update again? Thanks

:)

LeonFas, Feb 17, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Keyboard keys not working after update

Keyboard keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

If you are not able to access keyboard, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start Menu and choose
      Control Panel
    • From Control panel, choose Ease
      of Access Centre and click on
      On Screen Keyboard.
    If the keys are working fine on On Screen Keyboard,
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device
    Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Keyboard drivers. (Expand if required).

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan
    for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard keys not working after update

1. Keyboard keys not working after update - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys working

2. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  3. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  4. Some keyboard keys not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys not working after update: Ok so I have an oldschool mechanical, wired keyboard that I've been using for years Saitek Eclipse 2. It was working fine and then recently a few of the keys just stopped working. Specifically the space bar and "B" and "N" keys amongst others this is important.I thought "oh...
  5. Some keyboard keys not working after update

Some keyboard keys not working after update: Ok so I have an oldschool mechanical, wired keyboard that I've been using for years Saitek Eclipse 2. It was working fine and then recently a few of the keys just stopped working. Specifically the space bar and "B" and "N" keys amongst others this is important.I thought "oh...
  6. Some keyboard keys not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. After Win10 Update several keyboard key not working

After Win10 Update several keyboard key not working: After Win10 update my keyboard keys not working - key "H" ; "G"; key " ; key \ and key \ ,also from num lock key "4" - can you provide solution on that.Txs in advance!...
  8. After Win10 Update several keyboard key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win10 Update several keyboard key not working: After Win10 update my keyboard keys not working - key "H" ; "G"; key " ; key \ and key \ ,also from num lock key "4" - can you provide solution on that.Txs in advance!...
  9. After Win10 Update several keyboard key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Keyboard keys are not working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard keys are not working after Windows Update: Hello Everyone, My laptop model number is Lenovo E41-15 The inbuilt keyboard of this laptop is standatd PS/2 Keyboard When I brought my laptop it came with Windows 10, Everything was working Fine. After two months I updated my windows 10, as soon as i updated to windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Laptop keys not working after update