Windows 10: Keyboard keys not working laptop with windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard keys not working laptop with windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyoney, Please help with the following issue I have since today. After turning my laptop on, I noticed that the following keys and key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MilenNedkov, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Keyboard keys not working laptop with windows 10

Hello everyoney,

Please help with the following issue I have since today.

After turning my laptop on, I noticed that the following keys and key combination not working:

alt + tab

alt + shift

shift + any letter

I tried restarting the machine, without any success. And since I don't have any recovery point I cannot do a system restore.

Is there something else I can try?

Thank you in advance

:)

MilenNedkov, Mar 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Keyboard keys not working laptop with windows 10

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard keys not working laptop with windows 10

1. Keyboard keys not working laptop with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys working

2. Fix Arrow keys are not working in Windows 11/10 laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Arrow keys are not working in Windows 11/10 laptop keyboard: [ATTACH]At times, the Arrow keys might not be working in Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. If this problem is appearing on your computer, you can follow these suggestions mentioned in the article. Whether one or all the four arrows on your laptop keyboard are not working, the...
  3. Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.: I have a Dell XPS 13 and recently the number keys and Windows keys have stopped working. But the keys around the number keys ` - = do work. My Windows keys are the only other keys not working. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks....
  4. Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.: I have a Dell XPS 13 and recently the number keys and Windows keys have stopped working. But the keys around the number keys ` - = do work. My Windows keys are the only other keys not working. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks....
  5. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  6. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  7. Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working: Hi Windows 10 community ! I'm posting here because I haven't found any other place to ask. If someone knows a better site or forum for me to ask for help, please do tell in the comments. So let me explain the problem : a few months ago, some of my keys stopped working on my...
  8. Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys: Computer: Lenovo Edge 2 OS: Windows 10 Home, Up to date as of 8/6/2020 Keyboard Drive: Up to date Issue: The letters QWERUIOP are not working on my latptop keyboard once I login. When I get to the login screen, I can use type any characters and they all work. Once I...
  9. CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10)

CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10): Hello, I'm currently having a problem regarding both CTRL keys on my Lenovo IdeaPad 700 which hasn't been responding whenever I'm using shortcut keys. I've tried clicking CTRL + ALT + Fn and uninstall & reinstalling my keyboard drivers but it's only a temporary solution...
  10. Some keys on laptop keyboard NOT ALWAYS working (Windows 10)

Some keys on laptop keyboard NOT ALWAYS working (Windows 10): I have a problem with the keyboard from a Windows 10 update a month ago, more than half of the time these 3 keyboard buttons : 1 + - from numpad on the right side, don't work. I have an Acer Aspire 573 laptop, i5-5200U 12Go what I've tried so far : - to update the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4541335 keyboard stopped working