Windows 10: Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!

Discus and support Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 fully updated. Whenever I starts my laptop, the Lock screen ask for password, But when I type password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lucaris, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Lucaris Win User

Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!

I have HP pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 fully updated.

Whenever I starts my laptop, the Lock screen ask for password,

But when I type password only key I,tab and space work from HP Laptop Keyboard.

Then I have to wait for a few minutes, the Lock screen starts automatically again

This time all my keys start working properly and I can type my password now.

It happens every time.

I've tried driver update, reinstall driver and keyboard test...all my keys are working properly.

I have done Hardware/component test in Windows diagnostic but no error found.

This problem doesn't occur with External USB-keyboard and on-screen keyboard.

Can anyone tell what's the problem?

:)

Lucaris, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !! - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys working

2. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen Keyboard: I keep getting this keyboard shoved in my face every time I turn on or wake my pc from sleep. I know it's definitely not the onscreen keyboard. Can someone please help me fix it?...
  3. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen: I cant log into my laptop the number keys works but nothing else does i cant type on the onscreen keyboard not on my physical laptop keyboard it was fine the night bfr but when i turned it on this morning the keyboard stopped working and i cant turn log into my laptop through...
  4. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen: I cant log into my laptop the number keys works but nothing else does i cant type on the onscreen keyboard not on my physical laptop keyboard it was fine the night bfr but when i turned it on this morning the keyboard stopped working and i cant turn log into my laptop through...
  5. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Keyboard alt+ctrl randomly locking, keyboard no longer working in lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard alt+ctrl randomly locking, keyboard no longer working in lock screen: Hey guys, randomly today in the middle of a game, my space bar kept activating randomly, and ever since then, my ctrl and alt sometimes lock and stay that way until i ctrl+alt+delete, its super annoying since it feels like my keyboard wasnt working Additionally, my keyboard...
  7. Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work: Dear Mentors; I have an strange problem with my keyboard In bios and log on screen in windows 10 num8 key is working perfectly but when i log in to windows after password screen physical keyboard and even on screen keyboard num 8 is not working every key working except this...
  8. Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard and On Screen Keyboard Num8 key doesnt work: Dear Mentors; I have an strange problem with my keyboard In bios and log on screen in windows 10 num8 key is working perfectly but when i log in to windows after password screen physical keyboard and even on screen keyboard num 8 is not working every key working except this...
  9. Keyboard and mouse not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working on lock screen: Today as I booted up my computer as normal, I found that at the lock screen my keyboard and mouse did not work. After many restarts and trial and error with other keyboards, this is what I have found. All keyboards and mice tested work in the BIOS settings but aside from that...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10: This is related to a work computer. It is a brand new computer running Windows 10 version 1809. The problem: On the login/lock screen (the screen before typing your password) the keyboard and mouse don't work, except for hitting Control + Alt + Delete. Hitting Ctrl Alt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows lock screen keys not working