Windows 10: Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard

Discus and support Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my Surface Book 2, when I have the US International QWERTY region keyboard installed, the bottom row of keys has recently stopped working Z, X,C, V,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A Snello, Aug 10, 2022.

1. A Snello Win User

Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard

On my Surface Book 2, when I have the US International QWERTY region keyboard installed, the bottom row of keys has recently stopped working Z, X,C, V, B, N, M. I tried changing to the UK QWERTY region keyboard and these same bottom row keys work. I want to use the US keyboard. I've run the keyboard troubleshooter, no issues detected. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

:)

A Snello, Aug 10, 2022
  2. satel Win User

In Windows is there a Dvorak keyboard that works as Qwerty when CTRL?

In Mac, there is a keyboard that normally works as dvorak but whenever pressing the command key for shortcut, it uses qwerty layout. Is there such a keyboard in Win?

For example, normally in qwerty to copy it would be cmd plus c, and in dvorak that would be cmd plus i (because in dvorak the i key works as c) but in that other dvorak keyboard I'm talking about cmd c is cmd c, not cmd i.

satel, Aug 10, 2022
  3. satel Win User

Yes, but on Mac there is a keyboard that uses the QWERTY keys for shortcuts like that which makes it more convenient. I was wondering if Win also had the same kind of keyboard. I don't see it in the keyboard options.

satel, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Berton Win User

I think QWERTY boards use Ctrl + C for Copy and Ctrl + V for Paste.
    Dvorak keyboard
    The Dvorak Keyboard

Berton, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys working

2. BUG with keyboard shortcut for SLOVAK QWERTY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG with keyboard shortcut for SLOVAK QWERTY: Hi,does Microsoft register the bug which prevent to make a keyboard shortcut to special only SLOVAK QWERTY keyboard if used beside other keyboards? The full description was posted by other user here:...
  3. Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.: YES, just use the KEYPAD, not the KEYBOARD, and enter Alt + 0128! YEA! This is an old answer from 2011, but most people don't explain that a keyboard with a KEYPAD requires you to use the KEYPAD for the 0128. All solved!...
  4. Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.: YES, just use the KEYPAD, not the KEYBOARD, and enter Alt + 0128! YEA! This is an old answer from 2011, but most people don't explain that a keyboard with a KEYPAD requires you to use the KEYPAD for the 0128. All solved!...
  5. Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard

Keyboard keys not working on US QWERTY keyboard but work on UK QWERTY keyboard: On my Surface Book 2, when I have the US International QWERTY region keyboard installed, the bottom row of keys has recently stopped working Z, X,C, V, B, N, M. I tried changing to the UK QWERTY region keyboard and these same bottom row keys work. I want to use the US...
  6. I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard: Hello.I've recently tried to change my date format from American to any else and landed on the UK format. I've downloaded the UK localization pack, and it added an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard, but after that I discovered I could just set my format to Russian.I did...
  7. I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard

I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard: Hello.I've recently tried to change my date format from American to any else and landed on the UK format. I've downloaded the UK localization pack, and it added an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard, but after that I discovered I could just set my format to Russian.I did...
  8. In Windows is there a Dvorak keyboard that works as Qwerty when CTRL?

in Windows 10 Support
    In Windows is there a Dvorak keyboard that works as Qwerty when CTRL?: In Mac, there is a keyboard that normally works as dvorak but whenever pressing the command key for shortcut, it uses qwerty layout. Is there such a keyboard in Win? For example, normally in qwerty to copy it would be cmd plus c, and in dvorak that would be cmd plus i...
  9. US-International keyboard QWERTY

in Windows 10 Customization
    US-International keyboard QWERTY: I am in the process of setting up a new laptop. On my old one, I have the US-International keyboard installed, which makes it easy for me to type in French and other foreign languages. I am unable to find the setup as described in various responses in the message boards - I...
  10. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...