Windows 10: Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

Discus and support Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working. The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShayaaMK, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ShayaaMK Win User

Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working.

The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down my laptop it stops working again. Recently I've found out that if I press the CAPS, a, and s keys at the same time, it increases my volume. If I press the same combo, but instead I click d rather than s, it opens the windows 10 get help tab. So the keys are doing something, but they will not actually let me type anything.

:)

ShayaaMK, Aug 11, 2019

2. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working.

The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down my laptop it stops working again. Recently I've found out that if I press the CAPS, a, and s keys at the same
    time, it increases my volume. If I press the same combo, but instead I click d rather than s, it opens the windows 10 get help tab. So the keys are doing something, but they will not actually let me type anything.

SaulLebreault, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-keyboard-not-work...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Aug 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Saul,

Open the Settings App

Go to Update & Security - Troubleshoot

Run the Keyboard troubleshooter

If that does not resolve this for you

Open Device Manager

Expand the Keyboards section

Right click your keyboard and choose 'Uninstall'

Then restart your PC

DaveM121, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z - Similar Threads - Keyboard Keys Working

2. Q, A, 1, Esc, Tab and ~ keys not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q, A, 1, Esc, Tab and ~ keys not working?: I have Windows 11, and sometimes the keys function properly for a few minutes to an hour but I am not sure what is causing such issues.Important: I don't have a keyboard troubleshooter for some reason and nor do have uninstalling keyboard drivers either.Another factor is that...
  3. Q, A, 1, Esc, Tab and ~ keys not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Q, A, 1, Esc, Tab and ~ keys not working?: I have Windows 11, and sometimes the keys function properly for a few minutes to an hour but I am not sure what is causing such issues.Important: I don't have a keyboard troubleshooter for some reason and nor do have uninstalling keyboard drivers either.Another factor is that...
  4. 5 keys: esc, tab, ` , 1, q have problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 keys: esc, tab, ` , 1, q have problem: For some reason, 5 keys include: ESC, tab, "`", "1", q have a problem like paralyzed. at first, I also thought my keyboard was disabled but then when I press the key combination ` + 1 + 2 it opens the Microsoft edge help & learning page I tried to find the short key to open...
  5. 5 keys: esc, tab, ` , 1, q have problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5 keys: esc, tab, ` , 1, q have problem: For some reason, 5 keys include: ESC, tab, "`", "1", q have a problem like paralyzed. at first, I also thought my keyboard was disabled but then when I press the key combination ` + 1 + 2 it opens the Microsoft edge help & learning page I tried to find the short key to open...
  6. 5 keys: esc, tab, ` , 1, q have problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. `, 1, tab, and q keys are not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    `, 1, tab, and q keys are not working correctly.: Thank you for taking a look at this post. I am using an ROG laptop, Windows 10. This started about two weeks ago. The keys I mentioned in the title sometimes work as intended, but usually don't. Whenever I press a key at the same time as one of these they work how they...
  8. "Q", "1", "Tab", and "`" Keys Only Work Sometimes

"Q", "1", "Tab", and "`" Keys Only Work Sometimes: The "Q", "1", "Tab", and "`" keys will sometimes not work and then start working again. I tried the keyboard troubleshooter, but it did not find a problem. When the keys are working, I might press any one of those keys once, and it will register as two clicks on the laptop. I...
  9. My: ESC, ~,TAB, 1 not on numpad, and Q keys won't work.

My: ESC, ~,TAB, 1 not on numpad, and Q keys won't work.: My: ESC, ~,TAB, 1 not on numpad, and Q keys won't work. I've tried restarting computer and reinstalling my keyboard, but none of them seem to work....
  10. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z: ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working. The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down my laptop it stops working again. Recently I've found out that if I press the CAPS, a, and s keys at the same time, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caps not working PROPERLY ON ONSCREEN KEYBOARD

2. esc and tabs have stopped working on keyboard