Windows 10: Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

Discus and support Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working. The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShayaaMK, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ShayaaMK Win User

Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working.

The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down my laptop it stops working again. Recently I've found out that if I press the CAPS, a, and s keys at the same time, it increases my volume. If I press the same combo, but instead I click d rather than s, it opens the windows 10 get help tab. So the keys are doing something, but they will not actually let me type anything.

:)

ShayaaMK, Aug 11, 2019

2. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working.

The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down my laptop it stops working again. Recently I've found out that if I press the CAPS, a, and s keys at the same
    time, it increases my volume. If I press the same combo, but instead I click d rather than s, it opens the windows 10 get help tab. So the keys are doing something, but they will not actually let me type anything.

SaulLebreault, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-keyboard-not-work...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Aug 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Saul,

Open the Settings App

Go to Update & Security - Troubleshoot

Run the Keyboard troubleshooter

If that does not resolve this for you

Open Device Manager

Expand the Keyboards section

Right click your keyboard and choose 'Uninstall'

Then restart your PC

DaveM121, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z - Similar Threads - Keyboard Keys Working

2. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly: I recently purchase a Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard but encounter the following problems: When quickly typing, extra "Shift up key" event raised, for example (on french disposition) the following letters typed quickly when holding shift key will have the second one in small cap:...
  3. "z" key no longer works

"z" key no longer works: My "z" key does not work on my keyboard. It was working a couple days ago and now it just does not work and I have no idea why. I have connected it to my other computer and the "z" key works but on my main computer it does not. I noticed that I can use it at the login menu...
  4. Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard: Having just purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse I now find that the Caps Lock key no longer works. The Shift key works and so does the Num Lock key. My OS is Windows 10 64 bit and is full updated. Any suggestions how to fix this will be gratefully received. Dave...
  5. Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Q-Z (21) in File Explorer: My pictures folder (Windows 10 latest) always shows with something like this: Q-Z (21) of each group of folders. I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-z-21-in-file-explorer/a234131d-3726-48c0-b710-cf82b2eeb8cf"
  6. ESC Key Won't Work (Windows 10 Update?)

ESC Key Won't Work (Windows 10 Update?): I discovered a few weeks ago that my ESC key was not working. After doing a system restore from the last Windows 10 Update, the ESC key began working perfectly fine again. When Windows did another update, my ESC key stopped working. Is there any way to fix this besides...
  7. Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED]

Where is the esc key on the onscreen keyboard? [SOLVED]: Doesn't one just love how useless these communities are? Microsoft, Google and then some could learn a great deal from companies like OnePlus that actually listen to their community. Anyway, here it goes. Again. The default onscreen keyboard in Windows 10 on tablets has no...
  8. My Caps lock button is not working properly.

My Caps lock button is not working properly.: So there's a problem. My 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop's caps lock is not working properly. When I press the button, the light turns on but no capitol letters show up. And then, randomly after, there is only caps letters, and when you hold down shift, it is lower case, but...
  9. keys not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not work properly: why my volume rockers buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work in my dell inspiron 8gen. windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-work-properly/ca70ed83-d65f-46a0-bd2e-5357b081c2a6
  10. Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keys Not Working Properly, ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z: ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z are not working. The above keys do not work most of the time. Sometimes they work for a little, then once I shut down my laptop it stops working again. Recently I've found out that if I press the CAPS, a, and s keys at the same time, it...