Windows 10: keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.

Discus and support keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this happens in two laptops. One is HP and another is dell. sometimes, the keys won't register when you press it. It feels like it comes and goes. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhtevenTheSecond, Dec 9, 2020.

1. keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.

this happens in two laptops. One is HP and another is dell. sometimes, the keys won't register when you press it. It feels like it comes and goes. The most unreliable key is backspace. some times it stops working for 10 seconds and then works perfectly for a while and then stops working again.

i read that it might be the driver but I reinstalled the keyboard driver. it didn't work.

submitted by /u/PhtevenTheSecond
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PhtevenTheSecond, Dec 9, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2020
  4. keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes.

1. keyboard keys of my laptop works only sometimes. - Similar Threads - keyboard keys laptop

2. Only specific keys work on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only specific keys work on my keyboard: only half of the keys on my keyboard works after I was typing very fast. The keys are not dirty.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-specific-keys-work-on-my-keyboard/83d9fdcf-459c-404f-9eb8-38df4230c683
  3. Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?: Hello, since recently, I have had a new problem:When I type or also play games, the f1,1, 2 ,a and z key bottom left don't work. The thing is, after pressing other keys or spam pressing the buttons, they start to work for a few moments and then they stop again.I have resetted...
  4. Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?

Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?: Hello, since recently, I have had a new problem:When I type or also play games, the f1,1, 2 ,a and z key bottom left don't work. The thing is, after pressing other keys or spam pressing the buttons, they start to work for a few moments and then they stop again.I have resetted...
  5. Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys: I am using Asus laptop for my work, and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work. Oddly, only the letter and number keys didn't work. Other keys such as space bar, arrows, tab, Enter, etc. work normally. I always use an external keyboard, and when this problem occurs, both of my...
  7. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys: I am using Asus laptop for my work, and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work. Oddly, only the letter and number keys didn't work. Other keys such as space bar, arrows, tab, Enter, etc. work normally. I always use an external keyboard, and when this problem occurs, both of my...
  8. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

9. Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-d-e-c-and-number-3-only-work/910e05f2-3516-401c-abb4-34a0d361aa90
  10. Certain keys from my keyboard work sometimes

Certain keys from my keyboard work sometimes: My problem began with the spacebar, enter key and backspace, they just stopped working, they even wouldn't turn on the backlight on my keyboard, then I just tried what someone said in another post, to hold them about a few seconds and suddenly they began to work again. Some...