Windows 10: KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

Discus and support KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jitesh465, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Jitesh465 Win User

KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good

:)

Jitesh465, Oct 28, 2019

2. shift and ctrl keys not working - windows 10

We can see here that you are having issues using the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard. To isolate this concern, have you performed the following:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Ease of Access.
    • Click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Tick the box beside Turn on Sticky Keys.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Select OK.

If so, we suggest that you revert the computer back to its previous version. You can free up some space in your disk drive by backing up some files to an external hard drive.

Charianne Per, Oct 28, 2019
  3. dewaldo Win User
    shift and ctrl keys not working - windows 10

Neither of my two shift keys nor my ctrl key work on my Acer laptop. I checked that I have the latest keyboard driver. I tried pressing both shift keys simultaneously but this did not fix the problem. The keyboard has only one ctrl key. I tried the alternative
    keyboard but no luck there either. The touch keyboard does work.

I tried

• control panel > Accessibility Options.
    • under keyboard there is sticky keys.
    • Remove the tick and click apply and OK.
    but could not find the Accessibility Options in my Control Panel. Also I do not think I have sticky keys turned on.

This appeared to happen after a Windows 10 update. Cannot revert to previous as this laptop has too little disk space.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

dewaldo, Oct 28, 2019
  4. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

1. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working) - Similar Threads - KEYBOARD KEYS shift

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  4. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shift key not working: Both of my shift key is not working. Im using Windows 10. Need to use it please help.Thanks,Deoti S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shift-key-not-working/24f02f6a-8980-4fbd-84e1-503efc345dbe
  5. keyboard shift key not working

keyboard shift key not working: Both of my shift key is not working. Im using Windows 10. Need to use it please help.Thanks,Deoti S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shift-key-not-working/24f02f6a-8980-4fbd-84e1-503efc345dbe
  6. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  8. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  9. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...
  10. Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys: If I hold down shift and type a key; CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccc the shift will let go after a second. I plugged by keyboard into a mac and its fine there so it must be a windows issue? Any help would be much appreciated. Craig 44895