Windows 10: Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols

Discus and support Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem has occurred several times for apparently no reason. The web gives many links that propose a number of surgeries. Every single time it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cherokee, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cherokee Win User

Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols

This problem has occurred several times for apparently no reason.
    The web gives many links that propose a number of surgeries.
    Every single time it has happened to me, a simple restart has cured it.

:)

Cherokee, Jan 20, 2021

2. keyboard types the wrong symbols

Keyboard types the wrong symbols every so often, not always but sometimes.... takes a lot of time trying to work out the correct key for the symbol I need

FlorThornberry de Reyna, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Fabler2 Win User
    Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

That's the UK settings. Go to Settings, Time and Language, language and Keyboard. Also check task bar if ENG is showing. You can change it there to your country.

You might have to add a language.

Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols [​IMG]

Fabler2, Jan 20, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

Hi there
    You don't have to add language -- you can use any language and keyboard combination -- you don't even need to add a physical keyboard -- the keyboard set in Windows merely alters the layout. You can switch keyboard layouts at any time and for any application.

For example

the UK layout is fine for when I'm writing / posting in English -- e.g posting to the Forum. Simply add another keyboard to your chosen language if you don't need another language.

Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols [​IMG]

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols - Similar Threads - Keyboard Keys Suddenly

2. Keyboard wrong keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard wrong keys: I have install and unstill my keyboard but most of the key are writing other things, exemplo, I want to write exclamation point "?" and it comes narrows <> like that! how can i fix this bug?...
  3. Keyboard wrong keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard wrong keys: I have install and unstill my keyboard but most of the key are writing other things, exemplo, I want to write exclamation point "?" and it comes narrows <> like that! how can i fix this bug?...
  4. Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard - Keys Suddenly not Showing Wrong Symbols: This problem has occurred several times for apparently no reason. The web gives many links that propose a number of surgeries. Every single time it has happened to me, a simple restart has cured it. 172639
  5. Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout: My issue is with the K345 wireless keyboard. When I press SHIFT+3 I get a sign, not a hashtag. And when I press SHIFT+2 I get a " sigh, not the at symbol. How do I resolve this? 170519
  6. Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout: My issue is with the Logitech K345 wireless keyboard. When I press SHIFT+3 I get a £ sign, not a hashtag. And when I press SHIFT+2 I get a " sigh, not the at symbol. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  7. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000, some buttons are showing wrong symbols with shift: It seems these all have the $ symbol wherever you purchase from even from UK major brand name stores. If I push shift + @ I get " If I push shift + hash I get £ if I push shift + ~ I get ¬ if I push shift + key above enter I get ~ I can't find anywhere on the internet...
  8. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing wrong symbol: Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be ") How should I fix this ? Regards, CXY...
  9. I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol

I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol: A few days ago this issue appeared. I hit button on the keyboard, for instance A but I see “asd” on the screen. The same problem with some other buttons instead of S I see “sdf”....
  10. Keyboard symbol keys and default language

Keyboard symbol keys and default language: Since the last big Windows 10 update, some of my symbol keys on my keyboard no not provide the correct symbol and some of the symbols that I need such as the sign for Sterling and Euro no longer function. Also Microsoft Word defaults to English US when It should have remained...