Windows 10: Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Discus and support Keyboard keys will not repeat. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by COT Eagle, Mar 4, 2019.

1. COT Eagle Win User

Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left and right shift keys separately for about 8-10 seconds. I have ran both troubleshooters for hardware and keyboard in the settings and also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver in device manager. I have tried everything that I have looked at, including the massive thread that was open for about 3 years. I would like to know if anyone else has any ideas? It's getting very aggravating being a college student trying to write papers.

Thanks!

:)

COT Eagle, Mar 4, 2019

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard keys will not repeat. - Similar Threads - Keyboard keys repeat

2. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  3. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  4. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard: one key only repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard: one key only repeats: For a while, one key on this Windows 10 PC, namely '@ Apostrophe, At on a UK keyboard layout fails to inut its character immediately. If pressed continuously it does input a string of repetitions of the correct character after the usual delay. This is not a hardware issue as...
  6. Keyboard: one key only repeats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard: one key only repeats: For a while, one key on this Windows 10 PC, namely '@ Apostrophe, At on a UK keyboard layout fails to inut its character immediately. If pressed continuously it does input a string of repetitions of the correct character after the usual delay. This is not a hardware issue as...
  7. keyboard keys repeating

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys repeating: Using Updated Win 10 Pro Keyboard keys will not repeat unless re depressed. Is there a setting that effects this and how do I get to it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-repeating/2d321ffa-9364-4dfd-898e-d65bb02cd3e2
  8. Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.: When i hold down a single key, the key repeats but not just when typing, but also when gaming and everything else. It is really annoying. When i hold down 2 keys, it works properly, but not when holding 1 key. It's hard to explain....
  9. Keyboard keys repeating randomly

Keyboard keys repeating randomly: Hi I purchased a Microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard and randomly some keys will repeat continuously until I break the blue tooth connection which seems to be the only way to break the repeat cycle, it's easy to fix when it's just typing letters but when the delete key sticks...
  10. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keys not repeating