Windows 10: Keyboard Keystrokes no response

Discus and support Keyboard Keystrokes no response in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vinnyu2, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Vinnyu2 Win User

Keyboard Keystrokes no response

Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times.

:)

Vinnyu2, Mar 30, 2020

2. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

Hi Deepak,

Wanted to let you know I followed all recommended steps and keyboard is 95% better - the non-responsive first keystroke issue is now only a few times a day rather than constant as it was. Thank you for your help improving my experience.

JaimeCaban, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke

I've tried two different corded USB keyboards now on my Desktop and both gave the same problem leading me to believe this has something to do with Windows 10 or my actual computer.

The keyboards were recognized and named correctly in "Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices", and listed on device manager as "HID Keyboard devices". However, the problem I'm getting is that after plugging in the keyboard and clicking in a field that
    allows me to type I can press a key and it will record that one keystroke, but afterwards it will completely stop recording anymore. I can repeat this over and over by unplugging and reconnecting the keyboard, each time only allowing one keystroke to be recorded.

Would anyone have a suggestion for how to go about troubleshooting this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, restarting, downloading new drivers, all with no luck and I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks so much in advance.

MattFanguy, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Keyboard response

Hi John,

Adjusting the keyboard response is done on the Keyboard Properties. Type
    main.cpl @1 command
    in Cortana search and press
    Enter
    . Also, you can adjust the delay of your keystrokes and enable or disable filter keys in the Ease of Access Center. You can refer to this
    link.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard Keystrokes no response - Similar Threads - Keyboard Keystrokes response

2. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  3. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  4. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "a" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, , and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying numerous...
  5. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  6. Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard: Hello! I am running Windows 10, 64 bit and a few months ago my parentheses and quotation mark keys started typing two characters with one keystroke. No other keys, just those two. I do NOT have an international keyboard installed, all of my region settings are set to USNOT...
  7. Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...: My Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse becomes jumpy and non responsive. I have the same set up at home that I do at work. This issue is prevalent on both machines. Both machines are running windows 10 Both machines...
  8. Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes: I have extremely slow response times for mouse movements & clicks, and for keystrokes. Typical delays after a movement, click or keystroke are usually in the 5-15 second range. This is clearly frustrating and unworkable. This occurs in almost any application. I am now...
  9. keyboard response

keyboard response: My key board is very slow and inconsistent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-response/d08c7be1-1b39-4ff4-a0b4-7791d3e5e348
  10. No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode

No response to keystrokes or mouse when in screensaver mode: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7 yesterday, I discovered today that I am unable to interrupt the screensaver mode and return to my work at hand. Nothing (keystrokes or mouse clicks) seems to register, leaving me no choice but to power down and restart....