Windows 10: Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update

Discus and support Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft team, I am using HP laptop with Windows 10 OS version 18363.1016. After recent update I am facing intermittent lag in keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Likhith1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Likhith1 Win User

Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update

Dear Microsoft team,

I am using HP laptop with Windows 10 OS version 18363.1016.

After recent update I am facing intermittent lag in keyboard response, i.e. after typing couple of letters some times the letters would populate after a lag of few seconds, sometimes no issues. Irrespective of applications used ex: Notepad, notepad++, browser

There are no heavy background applications running during issue faced.

I tried all solutions provided in different blogs and also suggestions given for other users who had posted questions in this community.

I would like to get proper solution for the issue faced. I would say every time if there is any new update, I will face either update issue like failed to install the updates or any other components issue.

Please notify this issue to the higher authorities if they are not aware of.

Hoping to get working solutions.

:)

Likhith1, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Aindriu80 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Mouse and keyboard lag

My USB Wireless Dell keyboard and mouse is still lagging and I've tried lots of Windows 10 Anniversary Update suggested fixes.

The laptop is very responsive when I first boot up but as time goes on and I load up different applications I get lots of small 5 second freezes and lots of lag.

There is a lot of the lag after pressing the start button. Mouse keyboard and video fail to work smoothly when I press the start button

Aindriu80, Aug 19, 2020
  3. dnesty Win User
    my keyboard is lagging after a windows update

a windows update is causing my keyboard to lag when i type. i rolled back the update last time this happened and the keyboard worked fine so i know its not the keyboard device manager says i have the latest update. i called windows about this the last time
    and they had no answers for me . this is a custom gaming pc with a corsair keyboard what would you suggest i do to resolve this issue

dnesty, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update

Windows 10 Upgrade- Laptop Keyboard/Mousepad Lag

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Let’s run the hardware troubleshooter and check.

Method 1: Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to update the keyboard and touchpad drivers and check.

Method 2: update drivers.

Before you update the drivers, please enable the computer to get automatic updates,

Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

You may also download the latest keyboard and touchpad drivers and all other drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update

1. Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Keyboard lag laptop

2. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update: Just updated Windows 10 and my USB keyboard Logitech K120 is not working. It works fine on another PC. Reverted to a previous version. Didn't solve. Deleted and reinstalled drivers. Didn't solve. Did troubleshoot. Again, didn't solve. Device doesn't work in BIOS as well....
  3. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update: Just updated Windows 10 and my USB keyboard Logitech K120 is not working. It works fine on another PC. Reverted to a previous version. Didn't solve. Deleted and reinstalled drivers. Didn't solve. Did troubleshoot. Again, didn't solve. Device doesn't work in BIOS as well....
  4. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update: My laptop mouse, touchpad, keyboard, programs, apps and startup lags after Windows 10 update. The mouse and touchpad cursor lags across the screen. And when my laptop starts ups, apps start up or programs start up the half circle that spins lags. So laptop lags on startup,...
  6. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update: My laptop mouse, touchpad, keyboard, programs, apps and startup lags after Windows 10 update. The mouse and touchpad cursor lags across the screen. And when my laptop starts ups, apps start up or programs start up the half circle that spins lags. So laptop lags on startup,...
  7. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?: You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers...
  9. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?: You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers...
  10. Keyboard is lagging after update to Windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard is lagging after update to Windows 10 update 1903: I recently update my Window 10 home to version 1903. After that my keyboard is lagging drastically. I am running Windows 10 home inside my MSI Gl63 8RD notebook...