Windows 10: Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on

Discus and support Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear supporters, I have the weirdest issue - suffering from keybboard latency only when using Zoom but in every field I try to type in browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SivanDadush, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on

Dear supporters,

I have the weirdest issue - suffering from keybboard latency only when using Zoom but in every field I try to type in browsers, microsoft word, notepad etc. When I turn off Zoom the lag stops.

Have tried to uninstall an reinstall the Zoom app, updated and uninstalled the keboard drivers, did an SFC scan, turn filter keys off and tried troubleshooting, nothing helped.

To make sure it's not an hardware issue I've also compared CPU and memory performance with another laptop while using the same apps on the same network and couldn't find a trace.

The laptop I'm using is about one year old and I don't have any other issues it has i7 processor, 16GB RAM.

Would appreciate your assitance tremendously - I'm helpless.

:)

SivanDadush, Dec 6, 2020

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 6, 2020
  4. borgus Win User

Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on

BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on

1. Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on - Similar Threads - Keyboard lag Zoom

2. Keyboard lag when pc is using internet only in games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag when pc is using internet only in games?: so I have a new pc, very high end, and whenever my pc is downloading something or streaming to twitch, my keyboard has this weird lag where it wont respond for a second or 2 making almost every game I play unplayable. I've updated my drivers, I've tried different ports and...
  3. Keyboard lag when pc is using internet only in games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard lag when pc is using internet only in games?: so I have a new pc, very high end, and whenever my pc is downloading something or streaming to twitch, my keyboard has this weird lag where it wont respond for a second or 2 making almost every game I play unplayable. I've updated my drivers, I've tried different ports and...
  4. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard lag: my keyboard input is lagging. while playing games i'll hold a key for a second or two, or even tap it, and the game acts like i'm holding the key down for an extra 3 or more seconds. it just happened while switching between tabs, my character ran in a circle, even though my...
  5. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard lag: my keyboard input is lagging. while playing games i'll hold a key for a second or two, or even tap it, and the game acts like i'm holding the key down for an extra 3 or more seconds. it just happened while switching between tabs, my character ran in a circle, even though my...
  6. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag: Whenever i press certain keys my keyboard starts to lag, as if i'm constantly pressing tab. In command prompt the lag is different, it spams "^z" constantly. Any idea on how to solve the issue?Lag does not happen in games....
  7. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lag: Whenever i press certain keys my keyboard starts to lag, as if i'm constantly pressing tab. In command prompt the lag is different, it spams "^z" constantly. Any idea on how to solve the issue?Lag does not happen in games....
  8. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard lag: I have keyboard lag it has become impossible to make posts, draft a letter or anything using the keyboard, it happened out of the blue about a week ago and then came right. It has come back again 2 days ago and remains. I tried to do a system restore but got the message you...
  9. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard lag: The keyboard lag is intermittent - the operating system is Windows 10. I feel it might be caused by another program running in the background. How can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-lag/c6fea6e5-9b97-4dce-907a-2d789ac380b0
  10. Snipping tool zooming in only when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool zooming in only when printing: Hello, My snipping tool works perfect until it comes time to print. when I print it zooms in on a section of the snip. I have played with display settings but nothing seems to work. I have dual monitors but this problem has been around since before I installed the dual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. typing very slow while on zoom meeting