Windows 10: Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

Discus and support Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050 Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver Acer connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GAboyInTN, Oct 15, 2020.

1. GAboyInTN Win User

Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050

Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver

Acer connected to dock via vga to dvi converterand benqconnected to dock with hdmimonitors.

Graphics driver no better drivers available

keyboard/mouse using latest ms drivers

windows 10 updated

This setup has worked flawlessly for years then one dayno changes to hardware/software keyboard became erratic and unresponsive, lagging at times, wait a few secs to a min and it will type again. Mouse too, erratic, jumpy, won’t move, then shoots to where you moved it.

these changes already tried but didnt help:

Replaced old keyboard/mouse with the MS 5050

Replaced docking station and cable

Removed dock and monitors from the equation, plugged keyboard/mouse transmitter into surface pro and this cleared up most all of the issue though it may still lag a touch.
    Ease of access filter keys are off.
    The USB slot in the surface pro has a bit of play up/down but its been that way for years.

:)

GAboyInTN, Oct 15, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Erratic keyboard and mouse response

I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response. Perform /report shows all OK apart for a Bluetooth problem. Sometimes it works without problems; other times it freezes for a couple of seconds and then catches up with my typing. Mouse similarly is erratic - sometimes movement is jerky.
    Both K'bd and mouse are a few years old and are wireless (MS Comfort 5000). However trying with the dongle in different USB ports makes no difference. I have uninstalled, downloaded latest and re-installed drivers and software for them. No help. Perform run again showed Bluetooth issue but I have also tried an old wired KB'd and that too exhibited the problem.

I suspect the problem is probably a software one but it would be useful before tackling Chillblast to know if there is a hardware issue.

Any recommendations for an app that can carry out relevant hardware checks? I know there are several around. Any other suggestions re possible causes welcome!

Sigurd, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unresponsive mouse and keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key
      while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart >>Choose
      Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
    on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

1. Go to your
    manufacturer’s website and download the Driver’s setup file
    for your computer.

2. Press
    Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

3. Type
    devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

4. Under
    Driver, expand, then right click and select Uninstall.

5. If you are prompted to Confirm then
    Confirm.

6. Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
    right click, then select Properties.

7. Select
    Compatibility Tab.

8. Place a check mark next to
    Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

9. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Arun B J, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic - Similar Threads - Keyboard lag unresponsive

2. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  3. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  4. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  6. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  7. Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive

Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive: I turned my off Sunday night because I received a message from Microsoft saying there was and update. Since then my mouse and keyboard do not work. I have tried other mice and keyboards, same thing. Once the blue screen with the 4 windows opens I loose control of my keyboard...
  8. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...
  9. Erratic keyboard and mouse response

Erratic keyboard and mouse response: I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response. Perform /report shows all OK apart for a Bluetooth problem. Sometimes it works without problems; other times it freezes for a...
  10. Mouse and keyboard unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard unresponsive: Hi, please I did a system recovery on my desktop PC, windows 10 and my mouse and keyboard not responding anymore. I don't even get to see the mouse pointer so I can say its frozen. I want to know if it's got anything to do with the OS. I need help?...