Windows 10: Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Discus and support Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop at office max, and it has pretty good specs. i7 8th generation processor, 8gb of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cziller43, Sep 11, 2018.

1. cziller43 Win User

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Hello,

I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop at office max, and it has pretty good specs. i7 8th generation processor, 8gb of DDR4 ram at 2400 MHz, Nvidia Geforce MX130, and a 256 GB SSD. I have been using the laptop for a couple of days, and I noticed that while typing, it starts to stutter or lag. The speed of the computer is pretty snappy, but the while typing, the letters seem to lag in as a press the keys.

I tried looking for solutions online, but no one seemed to have the same problem that I had. I tried updating the drivers on the keyboard, and the computer claims that it's up to date. I don't understand why a laptop with such good internals lags while performing the most simple task that a computer can do, which is typing. My old i3 laptop made by Gateway never had this issue.

Hopefully, there is a solution to this.

:)

cziller43, Sep 11, 2018

2. [SOLVED] Keyboard lag on a brand new laptop

Solution: A friendly chap over on Reddit advised
    me to reinstall Windows from scratch by installing it using the ISO tool. That solved the issue, so it seems that the keyboard lag was related to whatever HP has done to the software.

I recently bought a brand new HP Envy x360 15-ar000nd running Windows 10 (1703) home edition. It's got an AMD a9 processor, 8 GB of ram and a 256GB SSD (full
    specs here
    ).

Ever since I got it, I got a keyboard lag issue. It's not too apparent all the time, but sometimes when I type fast, or when I play some Minecraft, it's very noticable. I couldn't find a way to fix it, so I reset my laptop entirely.
    After that, the issue was gone, but after installing a few programs and rebooting the laptop, the issue came back. Windows didn't update while I rebooted the laptop.

The lag is always there and in every app. Even when using notepad and pressing a lot of keys. It's also there when the CPU usage is very low.

I thought it might be Google Chrome, but the issue was still there after I uninstalled it. Also, I've disabled most apps (like dropbox and onedrive, which both came preinstalled) from starting automatically after booting up the laptop.
    I do use an external mouse, but removing it, doesn't solve the issue.

I've booted Windows into safe mode, and the issue is actually gone when I do that, so it's gotta be a software related issue, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. I've already disabled stickey keys and all that and I've removed
    most of HP's bloatware. I've also made sure I've got the latest keyboard drivers. I've also removed the keyboard driver and rebooted the laptop, but it didn't fix anything.

The issue isn't too bothersome, but I like to play Minecraft once in a while and it makes the game unplayable because sometimes it registers the keys too late. The game actually is playable when I use touchscreen controls, so it's definitely
    because of the keyboard.

I've made a showing how it worked after I reset the laptop and installed my programs and how the keyboard delay returns after rebooting.
    I hope I gave enough information and that someone can help me out!

KingSandesh-DA1CEDE3-97F5-4ACC-8730-486281D24C10, Sep 11, 2018
  3. tonyg0902 Win User
    mouse lag gone but keyboard lag remains

I recently upgraded to an Acer Spin 7 from an Asus T100TA (Windows 10). The whole reason I decided to upgrade was the mouse and keyboard lag I was getting on the Asus. I figured it was b/c of its age (2 gb ram & 49gb hard drive near full capacity). But now I have a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and I'm experiencing similar issues. I have the Logitech K330 wireless keyboard and had been using a Logitech M510 (it just took me about 74 seconds to type 510). I tried the recommended solutions but none helped. Until I tried a new mouse, the Logitech M215, which came with the keyboard. So the mouse lag is gone, but the keyboard lag is worse. I've updated the Logitech drivers as well. I am also connected to a Startech.com USB hub to connect multiple monitors and the Logitech usb unifying receiver for the mouse/keyboard. I registered to follow the thread.

tonyg0902, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

[SOLVED] Keyboard lag on a brand new laptop

Hi,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are facing. Since you have completed some troubleshooting steps on your own and the issues still persist, kindly answer the questions
    below for us address your concern:

• Have you tried updating the device drivers for your keyboard?
    • Have you tried to check if the issue occurs after installing a specific program?
    • Have you tested any other input method aside from the touch interface?
    You can also refer to this
    link
    for helpful information on how to update your device drivers.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

1. Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop - Similar Threads - Keyboard lag while

2. Brand new Scupt keyboard missing first keystroke if I've stopped typing for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new Scupt keyboard missing first keystroke if I've stopped typing for a while: Hello,I had a Sculpt keyboard about 2 years ago that really started dropping keystrokes. I'd read that this is a widespread issue, and just chose to use another keyboard. I have ergo issues that are really helped by the Sculpt design, including separating the number pad. I...
  3. Brand new Scupt keyboard missing first keystroke if I've stopped typing for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Scupt keyboard missing first keystroke if I've stopped typing for a while: Hello,I had a Sculpt keyboard about 2 years ago that really started dropping keystrokes. I'd read that this is a widespread issue, and just chose to use another keyboard. I have ergo issues that are really helped by the Sculpt design, including separating the number pad. I...
  4. Brand new Scupt keyboard missing first keystroke if I've stopped typing for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brand new laptop lagging and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop lagging and not charging: Hi,a week ago I got my new laptop and it has been working great. Yesterday while I was watching Netflix it suddenly started slowing down and it was as if I was watching a slideshow. When I unplug the charger my computer works like butter and is fine but when I plug it in it...
  6. Brand new laptop lagging and not charging

Brand new laptop lagging and not charging: Hi,a week ago I got my new laptop and it has been working great. Yesterday while I was watching Netflix it suddenly started slowing down and it was as if I was watching a slideshow. When I unplug the charger my computer works like butter and is fine but when I plug it in it...
  7. Windows 11 laptop keyboard stutter lag typing

Windows 11 laptop keyboard stutter lag typing: My new laptop came with windows 11 and I have issue typing since day one. The keyboard stutters, typing has lag, so its never easy to type a even a password. All my peripheral devices like keyboard, mouse, display monitors work fine with other windows laptops with windows 10...
  8. brand new laptop lags when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new laptop lags when gaming: I have got a thinkpad L390 yoga from my school. It is brand new but i don't know whay game lags when i'm gaming. it has intel core i5 8th gen, and i only play small games like: rivenfield etc. i turn graphics setings to low, and i also closed every other tabs. I have tryed...
  9. Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.: Please Help! Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur. BIOS: AMI F.21 for now (early AMI F.18). The problem refers to only on one of these elements: HDD/BIOS/MotherBoard/RAM/System/pagefile/CPU. At the first using of computer, everything is lagging and stuttering already. System...
  10. Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot: I bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 from Amazon (16GB RAM/128GB SSD+ 1TB HDD/ i7-8550U CPU @1.80Ghz) and I use a Windows 10 Home version with version number 1803. I've previously used a macbook pro 2011 and as I'm a student, my usage is mostly internet, multimedia and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vivobooks14 typing lag

2. laptop keyboard lagging while typing

3. keyboard lagging while typing laptop

4. laptop windows 10 typing lag