Windows 10: keyboard lag

Discus and support keyboard lag in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have keyboard lag it has become impossible to make posts, draft a letter or anything using the keyboard, it happened out of the blue about a week ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caprice, Jan 10, 2021.

1. caprice Win User

keyboard lag

I have keyboard lag it has become impossible to make posts, draft a letter or anything using the keyboard, it happened out of the blue about a week ago and then came right.
    It has come back again 2 days ago and remains. I tried to do a system restore but got the message you dont have any restore points well I should have, I made a lot over the last few months but none recently but they should have been made automatically by the computer. Is there an easy fix? I am using my old desk top/Vista to post this.

DELL Inspiron 15 5593. MFG YR 2019. Service Tag HNV4JZ2.
    Last W10 update 12/12/20. Cumulative update for:
    W10 version 2004 for (x64 KB4592438)

:)

caprice, Jan 10, 2021

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 10, 2021
  4. borgus Win User

keyboard lag

BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

keyboard lag

1. keyboard lag - Similar Threads - keyboard lag

2. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 keyboard/mouse lag when connected via USB adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 keyboard/mouse lag when connected via USB adapter: Hello, I have been using my combo Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 keyboard/mouse with my Microsoft Surface with no issues for about 6 months. The keyboard/mouse combo connects via a single wireless receiver that plugs into a USB port. Since the Surface only has one USB...
  3. Microsoft Surface Keyboard lagging/freezes - driver issues perhaps

Microsoft Surface Keyboard lagging/freezes - driver issues perhaps: Hi, I have a desktop PC with Windows 10 to which I have connected the Microsoft Surface Keyboard to the only way to connect it is bluetooth. It was easy to install, but the keyboard isn't working properly. I also have the Surface Precision Mouse connected via bluetooth,...
  4. Input Lag on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Lag on Keyboard: When I first got my laptop, it was fine, but then I COVID and online classes plus discord with my friends and my keyboard suddenly lags when I play games. It doesn't matter whether it is bluetooth or not. It renders many games nearly unplayable so any help is appreciated,...
  5. Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on

Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on: Dear supporters, I have the weirdest issue - suffering from keybboard latency only when using Zoom but in every field I try to type in browsers, microsoft word, notepad etc. When I turn off Zoom the lag stops. Have tried to uninstall an reinstall the Zoom app, updated and...
  6. random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.: So just very recently i've began to notice a few things that are annoying me that hadnt been an issue before. My mouse sometimes stops/lags for a slight second almost like there is a bad spot on my mousepad that the infrared gets disrupted but this is not the case i get the...
  7. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2): Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions,...
  8. Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.

Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.: I'm using a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, Wireless Comfort 5050 Keyboard & Mouse, and Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones. When I stream music from any source I get keyboard and mouse lag. About once a minute, the keyboard will either not type anything at all skipping 5-10...
  9. Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050 Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver Acer connected to dock via vga to dvi converterand benqconnected to dock with hdmimonitors. Graphics driver no better drivers available...
  10. Keyboard and mouse lag issues

Keyboard and mouse lag issues: Ive just recently bought a new Acer PC with Windows 10 to replace a really slow Apple iMac. Worked fine for first few weeks and now i have severe keyboard and mouse lag. I have replaced the mouse 3 times and the keyboard twice and the issue remains to the point that the PC...