Windows 10: Keyboard lag

Discus and support Keyboard lag in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The keyboard lag is intermittent - the operating system is Windows 10. I feel it might be caused by another program running in the background.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lrzinck, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Lrzinck Win User

Keyboard lag

The keyboard lag is intermittent - the operating system is Windows 10. I feel it might be caused by another program running in the background. Perhaps it a virus? How can I rectify this?

:)

Lrzinck, Jan 27, 2022

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 27, 2022
  3. cjc2000 Win User
    keyboard lag

I have four Packard Bell laptops that I keep running for members of the family. They are old models, but adequate for everyday browsing and emails. The models are all GN45 easynote skype. One by one all exhibited irritating keyboard lag using the onboard keyboard. They didn't do it in safe mode, nor with an external usb keyboard. I tried all the usual things, updating drivers, checking the ram sticks, running sfc and DISM, restoring from an acronis image etc. By chance I read one answer on this forum from someone in Poland who suggested checking the CMOS battery. So obvious when you think about it, but surprising that only a few people out of many thousands ever suggest this as an answer to keyboard lag. I checked the batteries, which on the GN45, unlike more modern laptops, are easily accessible under the wifi card, under a panel that exposes the wifi card and ram sticks. The batteries were dated July 2006 and were down to negligible voltage. Replacing them restored keyboard function and also noticeably speeded up usb file transfer etc. What was weird was that there was just enough voltage to keep the date and time, which is the usual way you know to change the CMOS battery.

cjc2000, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Jose Est Win User

Keyboard lag

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard lag

1. Keyboard lag - Similar Threads - Keyboard lag

2. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  3. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  4. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  5. Keyboard lag after startup

Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why do I have a GREAT keyboard input lag ingame?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have a GREAT keyboard input lag ingame?: I was playing "Escape from Tarkov" and "The Finals" when this occurred. These are the first games i installed after building my new PC specs: rtx 4090 aero gigabyte7 7800x3d ryzenasus 650-a wifi motherboardi basically have the same problem as this guy ref:...
  10. Why do I have a GREAT keyboard input lag ingame?

Why do I have a GREAT keyboard input lag ingame?: I was playing "Escape from Tarkov" and "The Finals" when this occurred. These are the first games i installed after building my new PC specs: rtx 4090 aero gigabyte7 7800x3d ryzenasus 650-a wifi motherboardi basically have the same problem as this guy ref:...