Windows 10: Keyboard language appearing from nowhere

Discus and support Keyboard language appearing from nowhere in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, With the last update of Windows 10, a third language appears in my keyboards without my permission. The major problem though, is that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chandrias, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Chandrias Win User

Keyboard language appearing from nowhere

Dear all,

With the last update of Windows 10, a third language appears in my keyboards without my permission.

The major problem though, is that I can not even remove it, as it is not shown neither in English or Greek Language.

Keyboard language appearing from nowhere f170cc27-29d1-4d87-a2bc-5332b227608a?upload=true.png

:)

Chandrias, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jul 13, 2019
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Keyboard language appearing from nowhere

Keyboard layouts and language settings appearing out of nowhere

Hi Bastian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Are you using Local Account or Microsoft Account?

We suggest you to go Region and Language, delete the language and check. Refer the below steps:

• Windows Key.
    • Type Region & Language
    • If you find languages there then delete and check.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Refer the below articles:

Add a language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/using-multiple-languages

You can refer to the article to download language packs.

Language packs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win8

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard language appearing from nowhere

1. Keyboard language appearing from nowhere - Similar Threads - Keyboard language appearing

2. Text from handwriting keyboard goes nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text from handwriting keyboard goes nowhere: When I use the on-screen touch keyboard in handwriting mode, the handwriting is recognized, but the text doesn't appear in whatever program I have selected. With the default on-screen keyboard, I don't have this problem. I'm running windows 11....
  3. Text from handwriting keyboard goes nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text from handwriting keyboard goes nowhere: When I use the on-screen touch keyboard in handwriting mode, the handwriting is recognized, but the text doesn't appear in whatever program I have selected. With the default on-screen keyboard, I don't have this problem. I'm running windows 11....
  4. Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.: This has happened before, I don't even remember how I fixed it. I 'm using Windows 11.Just randomly, I go to switch languages on my keyboard only to find out that I have extra language packages that I didn't install. I go to the Time & Language > Language & Region > Options...
  5. Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.: This has happened before, I don't even remember how I fixed it. I 'm using Windows 11.Just randomly, I go to switch languages on my keyboard only to find out that I have extra language packages that I didn't install. I go to the Time & Language > Language & Region > Options...
  6. Annoying issue - other keyboard language is appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying issue - other keyboard language is appearing: I used EN - Philippines for awhile and had no issue. I have disabled Windows updates using Sledgehammer. And didn't install any language packs manually! Yet it happened twice already. English - Us appears on taskbar bottom right. It wasn't showing previously. I read tutorial...
  7. Mysteriously appearing language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysteriously appearing language and keyboard layout: My Windows 10 was originally installed in Czech language, then I had the language changed to English. I now switch between two keyboard layouts: English United States and Slovak QWERTY via ALT+SHIFT. Every few weeks - without any action on my side - the following happens: -...
  8. Rogue keyboards/languages appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rogue keyboards/languages appearing: I've previously posted about a similar issue here but the thread seemed to die. I continue to have this issue and after several updates since I last posted, I'm still getting it, plus another related issue. In the screenshot below, you can see that I only have US QWERTY in...
  9. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...
  10. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...