Windows 10: Keyboard language bugs

Discus and support Keyboard language bugs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been getting an issue for a long time on windows 10 now, I've found numerous threads with the same issue but no resolution. However my issue now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanWalker90, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Keyboard language bugs

I've been getting an issue for a long time on windows 10 now, I've found numerous threads with the same issue but no resolution. However my issue now is slightly different, but I think I know what may be causing it.

Firstly, at times my language bar will bug out. I have US English and Greek keyboards installed but very frequently it will be stuck on English. Using the keyboard shortcut or clicking it manually does nothing to change the language. Usually I just remove and re-add the Greek keyboard and all is well... except when I start typing in English, I actually have the UK layout instead of the US layout. To solve this I must add the UK keyboard (because it is not installed at all) and then remove it to take it off of the language bar. I don't know if this is because my display language is UK English... (for those wondering, I'm just used to the US layout, mainly because of the location of various special characters that are useful in software development!)

This doesn't happen all the time, though it is very frequent. Recently though, I noticed that it may be because of other users on the machine. My other half uses UK keyboard layout, and I think when she uses it and I use it after, her language settings persist, even though the UI shows different. Also, when I change the volume the bar is displayed in her colour scheme (but the start menu and everything else is with my theme). Very often the user switch will occur because one user puts the machine to sleep and then the other logs in, so maybe because the lock/sign out process hasn't been done? Just to note, I think she gets the same issue with the keyboard layouts...

So my question is - is it possible that other users' settings are being preserved when switching users and, as part of that, interfering with my language settings? And how to resolve this? Maybe signing out correctly will work and I will be trying that but all the same it should work regardless.

:)

DanWalker90, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Keyboard language bugs

On-Screen Keyboard language

Hi,

Follow the steps below to change on-screen keyboard language.

How to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Click Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • Click the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard.
    • Click the keyboard you want to add.
    How to change the keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Press and hold the Windows key
    • Press spacebar.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard language bugs

1. Keyboard language bugs - Similar Threads - Keyboard language bugs

2. Persian language bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persian language bug: Hello. I have problem for persian language. i want to install persian language pack for windows but when i click download In Language & Region. Options it says installed but when i open the page again nothing happens and download button reappear. What is the problem?. is it...
  3. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  4. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  5. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Preferred language bug

Preferred language bug: The loading of preferred language is infinitely, so i was unable to add/remove a preferred language If i click on "Choose an input method always use as default", it will become lagging and i need to force close it. [ATTACH]...
  7. bug with language bar

bug with language bar: i changed system locale to united kingdom and I changed it again to united states the problem is now I have 3 languages and kingdom between them [ATTACH] I can't remove it cuz I can't find it in settings to remove it [ATTACH] and I have the all new updates and windows...
  8. language bug

language bug: hello whenever I press alt + shift it opens language menu alt ( longt press) + shift what to do to disable it I don't want to disable shift + alt , I want language menu to not open...
  9. Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?: I will try again, in case someone sensible at Microsoft might start fixing this. 1. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language and add 3 total languages to your system. 2. Alt+Shift now switches between 3 keyboard input languages. Let's now try to remove one of these...
  10. Keyboard language bug

Keyboard language bug: Hi, For a couple months now, I have had this new computer and I installed all the keyboards I normally use in a day (US, FR, ENG CMS, ENG CAFR, etc.). However, every time I open my computer, I only see the FR and US keyboards. To see all my keyboards I need to click on...