Windows 10: Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar

Discus and support Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to switch between different languages/keyboard layouts regularly, so the language indicator in the taskbar is very convenient. For some weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/erfraf, Jun 27, 2020.

1. /u/erfraf Win User

Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar

I need to switch between different languages/keyboard layouts regularly, so the language indicator in the taskbar is very convenient. For some weeks now, the keyboard language indicator no longer appears in the taskbar, if I've just started my computer or re-logged in. I could also use Windows + Space to change the input method, but neither does this combination work. In addition, to the left from the "show more" arrow in the taskbar, the language bar is not visible.

However, when I go to Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings and choose another input method from the list under "Override for default input method", the indicator appears and the Windows + Space methods also starts to work. In addition, the language bar becomes visible. In Language bar options, I have "Docked in the taskbar". What should I do to make either the language bar or the keyboard language indicator (or both) visible permanently?

submitted by /u/erfraf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/erfraf, Jun 27, 2020

2. Battery indicator disappeared from taskbar

The battery indicator disappeared from the taskbar after the last Win 10 update (version 1511). I tried the flwg:

"Press and hold or right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then tap or click Properties. Under the
    Taskbar tab, under Notification Area, click Customize... Tap or click
    Turn system icons on or off. Under Behaviors, tap or click On in the drop-down list next to Power, and then tap or click OK."

The problem is "Power" appears to be "off" and cannot be switched to "on." The on/off switch just does not work. (All the others work with the exception of "location".)

Any suggestions for a solution to this issue?

Thank you.

Bulend

BulendBekaroglu, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

I came to conclusion that changing font of the taskbar requires editing of the msstyles file – it's too complicated for my purpose. So, I managed to decrease font only in the Language Indicator. I did the following steps:
    Control Panel → Language → Advanced settings → check box "use the desktop language bar when it's available" → Options.
    In the Language Bar tab select "Floating on Desktop".
    After that I moved the Language Bar to the bottom of the screen in right corner and slided it to the left – it has docked itself in the taskbar:

Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar [​IMG]

Finally, I clicked Options (downhead arrow or right click) and unchecked "Help Button" and "Additional icons in taskbar". This is what I've got:

Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar [​IMG]

WerewolfGirl, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar

language keyboard

My language keyboard keeps disappearing from the desktop and/or taskbar.

SusanNeedham, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar

1. Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar - Similar Threads - Keyboard language indicator

2. No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar: Hi,Failed attempts:1 Right-click empty space on Windows 10 taskbar and then select “Taskbar settings“. Toggle the setting for Input Indicator to On or Off. This will show or hide the input indicator accordingly. This change will take effect immediately. 2 Go to the...
  3. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR: Posting this in hope MS would finally decide to fix this, as it's driving me and not just me I'm sure crazy.I have the language bar docked in the taskbar. It's set, it works. BUT almost every day when I turn on my laptop, it's not there. And to get it back, I have to restart...
  4. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR: Posting this in hope MS would finally decide to fix this, as it's driving me and not just me I'm sure crazy.I have the language bar docked in the taskbar. It's set, it works. BUT almost every day when I turn on my laptop, it's not there. And to get it back, I have to restart...
  5. LANGUAGE BAR FREQUENTLY DISAPPEARING FROM TASKBAR

6. Some Keyboards Disappear Repetitively from the Language Bar

Some Keyboards Disappear Repetitively from the Language Bar: I use my laptop in multiple languages, and for that, I use multiple keyboards, which are easily changeable through the language bar on the taskbar. But whenever I perform an action such as restart or changing user account, a fixed set of keyboards disappear from the language...
  7. Change old language indicator to new language indicator

Change old language indicator to new language indicator: I have been using the old language bar and indicator for a while, but I want to change it back to the new language indicator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-old-language-indicator-to-new-language/42093e61-e01c-4d56-8712-6c6a59e8d0ec
  8. Keyboard language in taskbar

Keyboard language in taskbar: I like to have as minimum icons in toolbar as possible. One thing that I can't trun off is keyboard language. When I am on Typing and go to Advanced keyboard settings I put the tick in the setting: Use the desktop language bar when it's available, because that ist the only...
  9. Language bar disappears from taskbar

Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...
  10. Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar: After applying new theme on Windows 10, the font of the taskbar became bigger, so the word ENG was cropped on both sides how shown in image: [img] How can I increase the width of the Input Indicator? Or, as alternative, reduce font size in the taskbar. 51442