Windows 10: Keyboard language keeps changing

Discus and support Keyboard language keeps changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlieSinclair1, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Keyboard language keeps changing

I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with Spanish keyboard. This all works great, apart from my fully English desktop seemingly randomly switching to a Spanish keyboard 3 or 4 times a day (the laptop never switches itself to an English keyboard). I have disabled the key sequence shortcuts to switch languages and keyboards, but that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be?

:)

CharlieSinclair1, Oct 16, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 16, 2018
  3. keyboard language keeps changing constantly

Hello Gabriela,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to remove the English (UK) language pack and then try to set
    Portuguese language as Keyboard language and check if it helps.

To remove a language pack, follow the below steps:

1. Click on the Start Button and select
    Settings.

2. Select the Time and language.

3. Now click on the Region and Time
    tab.

4. Click on English (UK) and select
    remove.

Next follow the steps from below link and check if it helps:

Change your keyboard layout

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Keyboard language keeps changing

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard language keeps changing

1. Keyboard language keeps changing - Similar Threads - Keyboard language keeps

2. Changing keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing keyboard language: Hi everyone.I reset my pc totally last few days, therefore I lost my previous settings; which is in this case is my language keyboard. I used to have Hangul and qwertyuiop keyboard that can be change with a single key which is right alt gr. I noticed I can't replicate that...
  3. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  4. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  5. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Changing Language of the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Language of the keyboard: I have problems changing my keyboard language bc I want to change it to swiss but that does not show up under input languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-language-of-the-keyboard/c1b0842d-7407-4346-910d-fa224656a0be
  7. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: Hi, The language setting on my keyboard keep changing and switching the keyboard from US to UK. Further, the UK language is not configured on my PC as can be seen in this picture. I have check Office, again UK is not installed (see the other pic). Any ideas as to what's...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing: Hi, So here is my problem: I only have one preferred language in my language settings. In that preferred language, I only have one keyboard layout, Canadian french. But for some reason, it keeps changing, and it's getting frustrating. I only want one keyboard layout, why does...
  9. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with...
  10. keyboard language keeps changing

keyboard language keeps changing: Since the last windows update my keyboard language keeps changing. That problem did not occur before the update but I can not get rid of it now. system language is English but keyboard is German (for practical reasons). I used override for default input method and German...