Windows 10: Keyboard language selection shortcut doesn't work for custom layout

Discus and support Keyboard language selection shortcut doesn't work for custom layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a custom layout that I created with MSKLC EN-US QWERTY with an extra layer on Alt+Gr, as well as the standard Russian layout. I want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 43615, May 10, 2021.

1. 43615 Win User

Keyboard language selection shortcut doesn't work for custom layout

I'm using a custom layout that I created with MSKLC EN-US QWERTY with an extra layer on Alt+Gr, as well as the standard Russian layout. I want to be able to switch between them using a keyboard shortcut, but I can't use the standard Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift because of other programs. That's why I've tried to configure Alt+Shift+1 for switch to the custom layout and Alt+Shift+2 for Russian. This had worked on my previous system, but not on this one. When configured like in the screenshot below, I can switch to the Russian layout, but not back to the custom one.

:)

43615, May 10, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, May 10, 2021
  3. RQT
    rqt Win User
    Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

4. dabour Win User

Keyboard Layout

I followed these steps but I can not find this particular keyboard.

dabour, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard language selection shortcut doesn't work for custom layout - Similar Threads - Keyboard language selection

2. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  3. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  4. Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.: Hi, recently I updated my Omen 15 2020 to the newer Windows 11 Ver.21H2 and because of that all of my keyboard shortcut now inaccessible, I can't use any shortcut like "Win+R", "Win+E", "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" even copy and paste doesn't work too. Oh yeah also the Windows button is...
  5. Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.

Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.: Hi, recently I updated my Omen 15 2020 to the newer Windows 11 Ver.21H2 and because of that all of my keyboard shortcut now inaccessible, I can't use any shortcut like "Win+R", "Win+E", "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" even copy and paste doesn't work too. Oh yeah also the Windows button is...
  6. Keyboard layout doesn't match language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout doesn't match language: I'm having a strange problem in Windows 10.The setup was done using the English US setup for both language and keyboard layout. After setup I installed Office, then I installed the German language pack. Now my keyboard is using the German keyboard layout even when using...
  7. Keyboard layout doesn't match language

Keyboard layout doesn't match language: I'm having a strange problem in Windows 10.The setup was done using the English US setup for both language and keyboard layout. After setup I installed Office, then I installed the German language pack. Now my keyboard is using the German keyboard layout even when using...
  8. Custom keyboard layout stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom keyboard layout stops working randomly: I created a custom US QWERTZ keyboard layout using Microsoft Layout Keyboard Creator. It's the US layout with the Z and Y keys swapped. I successfully managed to create and install it, the problem arises when I try to use it. When I use it for some time let's say a few hours...
  9. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  10. Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout: Hello Guys, I used Amharic language quite a lot on windows. But recently Microsoft has updated this language tools and the new version has a lot problems. Sometimes I can't use "Back Space" key on my computer because it is not functioning on new version of Amharic...