Windows 10: Keyboard language setting changes on its own

Discus and support Keyboard language setting changes on its own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I live in the UK, my language/region option is set correctly and I have a UK-format keyboard. US English keyboard format is not even an option set in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Dec 7, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Keyboard language setting changes on its own

I live in the UK, my language/region option is set correctly and I have a UK-format keyboard. US English keyboard format is not even an option set in the region and language settings. Why does Windows 10 keep adding the US English keyboard option and switching me to it? I want it to be set to UK forever and to get the language bar off my taskbar forever.

Keyboard language setting changes on its own [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Dec 7, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Keyboard language keeps changing

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you installed Spanish Keyboard in your desktop?

You can follow the steps to fix the issue.

Method 1:

Removing other keyboard layouts.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Region & Language.
    2. Click on Spanish
      and Click on Remove.
    3. Now add the Spanish language again from
      Region & Language under
      Settings.

Also, if you are using an older build of Windows 10, you can refer to the suggestions by

Monica Cam
    dated 10th October 2016.

Method 2:

Changing the language preference to English only.

1. Go to Settings > Devices >
      Typing.
    2. Under More keyboard settings click on
      Advanced keyboard settings.
    3. Now under Override for default input method select
      English.
    4. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Keyboard language setting changes on its own

Touch Pad and Keyboard language change

Hi Dimitrov,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• On which app you try to set a particular language?

• Have you downloaded the different language packs?

I will assist you to answer your questions.

Answer 1:

This issue may occur when scrolling options are configured in a different manner. Please follow the below steps to modify the scrolling options.

• Open the Start menu, type Settings in the search bar and click on Settings.

• Click on Devices, select
      Mouse and Touchpad on the left navigation pane under the Devices settings window.

• Change the configuration settings for touchpad features under
      Touchpad.
    Answer 2:

Note: Please reply us the particular app which you want to switch the language. The language switching functionality depends on the app whether it is supported or
    not.

To switch the languages in Windows 10 you should download the language pack to use it. Follow the below steps to add language pack.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Russian language pack.
      (You can download any language packs. As example I suggested to download Russian language pack)

• Now, click on Russian language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Russian language pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Russian language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard language setting changes on its own

1. Keyboard language setting changes on its own - Similar Threads - Keyboard language setting

2. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  3. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  4. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  5. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  6. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing on its own: My laptop keyboard is typing * on its own. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/0d082fc5-9252-49e2-8b62-192404cf0098
  7. Tabs changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabs changing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arry__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfhw69/tabs_changing_on_its_own/
  8. Time changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  9. Color changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb
  10. Fix Windows 10 keyboard language changes on its own

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 keyboard language changes on its own: [ATTACH] In case of multiple keyboard scenario, things get tricky. Keyboard language changes on its own because of the keyboard changes while you are typing. The fact is that keyboard changes because we accidentally hit shortcuts like WinKey+Space key (Changes...