Windows 10: Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century

Discus and support Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,Guys, I'm facing this problem since first release of windows 10. I have three keyboard languages set, Georgian, Russian and English. Switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lev Anni, May 30, 2021.

1. Lev Anni Win User

Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century

Hi,Guys, I'm facing this problem since first release of windows 10. I have three keyboard languages set, Georgian, Russian and English. Switching between them by SHIFT + ALT every time is pain in the ****!! When I set key sequence in advanced keyboard settings to switch languages by CTRL + 1, CTRL + 2 and CTRL + 3, it works for some time, then it resets itself to default - NONE. What I have discovered is that some other programs like Chrome or Edge are using this combination to switch between tabs, and therefore they may be disabling my settings.So, is there some way to disable certain keyboar

:)

Lev Anni, May 30, 2021

2. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 30, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    language key sequence "Ctrl + number" are missing for selection for some language input.

Hi Jzimy,

One of the possible reasons why your language key sequence are not working properly can be due to the keyboard settings of your device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to ask the following
    questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows 10 that you’re using on all of your devices? To check, type winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What application are you using to bind this key sequence?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 30, 2021
  4. nadeaujf Win User

Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Great! I found it by searching Input method as you suggested (full path is Settings -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings).
    - I've set "Override for default input language" to "French (Canada)" instead of "Use language list".
    - "Let me use a different input method for each app" was already unchecked
    - I've disabled the key sequence to switch between input languages in (Language bar options -> Advanced key settings)

I hope it did the trick, I'll mark this as solved if the keyboard does not change back by tomorrow.

Thank you!

nadeaujf, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century - Similar Threads - Keyboard Language Shortcut

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Problem with Century font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Century font: There is an issue with using the Century font in both Word and Photoshop - colons, semi-colons and hyphens are all set too high - see image. They should be lined up with the x-height of the letters, shown in red on the Century font, and in blue with other correct fonts. This...
  5. Problem with Century font

Problem with Century font: There is an issue with using the Century font in both Word and Photoshop - colons, semi-colons and hyphens are all set too high - see image. They should be lined up with the x-height of the letters, shown in red on the Century font, and in blue with other correct fonts. This...
  6. Problem with Century font

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  8. language keyboard shortcuts

language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  9. Language keyboard shortcuts issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language keyboard shortcuts issue: [ATTACH] Hi! I'd like to ask you to help me to deal with a minor but quite irritating bug regarding the automatic reset of my custom language keyboard shortcuts. I use three language keyboards on daily basis - Polish, Russian and Japanese, and I find using my custom...
  10. Changing key sequence without language option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing key sequence without language option: Hi, I need to be able to switch between Japanese and English languages in Respondus Lockdown browser for a university course I'm taking. However, the lack of a language option (known bug in Windows 10) is preventing me from doing so....