Windows 10: Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

Discus and support Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rigel-07, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Rigel-07 Win User

Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I have tried changing the switching options through settings but it didnt help. How do I disable this thing?Edit : The switcher only appears in lock screen. After signing in, it is disabled on my taskbar

:)

Rigel-07, Jul 20, 2022

2. On-Screen Keyboard language

Hi,

Follow the steps below to change on-screen keyboard language.

How to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Click Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • Click the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard.
    • Click the keyboard you want to add.
    How to change the keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Press and hold the Windows key
    • Press spacebar.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 20, 2022
  3. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard Language Switcher

2. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  3. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  4. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  5. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  6. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  8. Locking a keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locking a keyboard language.: I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts to English Australia UK when I restart the computer, so some characters typed do not match what in on the keyboard.Allan...
  9. Locking a keyboard language.

Locking a keyboard language.: I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts to English Australia UK when I restart the computer, so some characters typed do not match what in on the keyboard.Allan...
  10. Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher: Hello. In laptop I have 4 keyboard layouts 4 languages. After closing some games I lose English keyboard layoutin taskbar language switcher. All another keyboard layouts are visible, can work and switch. English returns after restart....