Windows 10: Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

Discus and support Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep. To reproduce: 1. Set at least 3 keyboard languages in Windows 2. Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

The keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep.

To reproduce:

1. Set at least 3 keyboard languages in Windows
    2. Set Ctrl+Shift+1,2,3,etc. to the languages. So Ctrl+Shift+1 will switch to the 1st language, Ctrl+Shift+3 to the 3rd.
    3. Test the behavior in a writing software.
    4. Put the computer on sleep.
    5. Recover the computer from sleep.

6. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will not work.

To get the shortcuts working again, sign out and sign in again. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will work again.

It is EXTREMELY ANNOING that all software must be closed only to get the keyboard switching shortcuts work again. I'm working wit 5-10 software at once so it is a real pain and a huge time waste to reopen all those again.

Please note that 3+ languages are configured, so Shift-Alt or Win+Space isn't good for sitching between keyboard languages.

:)

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Jul 31, 2020

2. Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

The keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep.

To reproduce:

1. Set at least 3 keyboard languages in Windows
    2. Set Ctrl+Shift+1,2,3,etc. to the languages. So Ctrl+Shift+1 will switch to the 1st language, Ctrl+Shift+3 to the 3rd.
    3. Test the behavior in a writing software.
    4. Put the computer on sleep.
    5. Recover the computer from sleep.

6. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will not work.

To get the shortcuts working again, sign out and sign in again. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will work again.

It is EXTREMELY ANNOING that all software must be closed only to get the keyboard switching shortcuts work again. I'm working wit 5-10 software at once so it is a real pain and a huge time waste to reopen all those again.

Please note that 3+ languages are configured, so Shift-Alt or Win+Space isn't good for switching between keyboard languages.

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Aug 1, 2020
  3. JP2016 Win User
    Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Aug 1, 2020
  4. avi12641 Win User

Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

1. Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep - Similar Threads - Keyboard language switching

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Why does my keyboard stop working after switching user?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my keyboard stop working after switching user?: Hi,On a few PCs within my organisation, we are having the following issue.If you are signed in and then decide to switch user, the keyboard stops working and you have to unplug it and plug it back in at times you have to restart the entire PC.I have tried updating drivers and...
  5. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  6. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  7. Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep: My touchpad and keyboard stop working after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it works for a few seconds, but always stops. They only start working again if I force restart. This problem has persisted for months and through several Windows updates. All my drivers are up to...
  8. Keyboard language switching/behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language switching/behaviour: Hi, I'm sorry if this was asked before. Tried to find such question but search wasn't very helpful... Can someone tell me please when it is planned to get in Windows 10 keyboard switching experience from Windows 7 and earlier i.e. keyboard language setting per application,...
  9. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  10. Keyboard switching languages

Keyboard switching languages: Sometimes, when I type in English my keyboard turns in the German mode but the indicator shows that it is English. It is really a problem, because keyboard layout is different. I have Surface pro 4 with Windows 10....