Windows 10: Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

Discus and support Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep. To reproduce: 1. Set at least 3 keyboard languages in Windows 2. Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

The keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep.

To reproduce:

1. Set at least 3 keyboard languages in Windows
    2. Set Ctrl+Shift+1,2,3,etc. to the languages. So Ctrl+Shift+1 will switch to the 1st language, Ctrl+Shift+3 to the 3rd.
    3. Test the behavior in a writing software.
    4. Put the computer on sleep.
    5. Recover the computer from sleep.

6. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will not work.

To get the shortcuts working again, sign out and sign in again. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will work again.

It is EXTREMELY ANNOING that all software must be closed only to get the keyboard switching shortcuts work again. I'm working wit 5-10 software at once so it is a real pain and a huge time waste to reopen all those again.

Please note that 3+ languages are configured, so Shift-Alt or Win+Space isn't good for sitching between keyboard languages.

:)

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Jul 31, 2020

2. Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

The keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep.

To reproduce:

1. Set at least 3 keyboard languages in Windows
    2. Set Ctrl+Shift+1,2,3,etc. to the languages. So Ctrl+Shift+1 will switch to the 1st language, Ctrl+Shift+3 to the 3rd.
    3. Test the behavior in a writing software.
    4. Put the computer on sleep.
    5. Recover the computer from sleep.

6. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will not work.

To get the shortcuts working again, sign out and sign in again. Test the Ctrl+Shift+X shortcuts: those will work again.

It is EXTREMELY ANNOING that all software must be closed only to get the keyboard switching shortcuts work again. I'm working wit 5-10 software at once so it is a real pain and a huge time waste to reopen all those again.

Please note that 3+ languages are configured, so Shift-Alt or Win+Space isn't good for switching between keyboard languages.

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Aug 1, 2020
  3. JP2016 Win User
    Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Aug 1, 2020
  4. avi12641 Win User

Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep

1. Keyboard language switching shortucts stop working after sleep - Similar Threads - Keyboard language switching

2. My keyboard language keeps switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard language keeps switching: I am a 3D designer so I use shortcuts that contain ctrl/alt/shift realy often and because of that I am probably unintentionally hitting some shortcut that is switching my language because it changes a lot and that is realy inconvinient. For switching language I usually use...
  3. Keyboard language when switching accounts

Keyboard language when switching accounts: My wife and I share the same Windows 10 laptop however she is French speaking and prefers a French keyboard and I prefer an English keyboard. Whenever we switch accounts, the keyboard language follows. So meaning if I set the keyboard to English in my account and then she...
  4. Keyboard language switching/behaviour

Keyboard language switching/behaviour: Hi, I'm sorry if this was asked before. Tried to find such question but search wasn't very helpful... Can someone tell me please when it is planned to get in Windows 10 keyboard switching experience from Windows 7 and earlier i.e. keyboard language setting per application,...
  5. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu: Hello, So I've upgraded to the 1903 win 10 version and I've had an encounter with one of the new features - the menu that lets you switch between keyboard languages when you hold Alt + LShift. The main problem is that this menu pops up in games and it is really annoying....
  6. Keyboard won't work after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work after sleep: I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 with Windows 10 Pro. I have ensured all software and drivers are up to date including the 1903 update, this problem started before the update. When my laptop wakes up from sleep mode the keyboard will not work at all. The touchpad and touchscreen...
  7. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  8. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening: This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes. I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10. Therefore , using the...
  9. Keyboard switching languages

Keyboard switching languages: Sometimes, when I type in English my keyboard turns in the German mode but the indicator shows that it is English. It is really a problem, because keyboard layout is different. I have Surface pro 4 with Windows 10....
  10. No keyboard after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard after sleep: I resurrected my old HP DV5-1044CA. I did a fresh Windows 10 install. Strangely when the laptop sleeps or if I put it to sleep with the power button or by closing the lid, I can wake it with the keyboard or power button and use the keyboard to enter my PIN but after that the...