Windows 10: Keyboard language - UK

Discus and support Keyboard language - UK in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, following a Windows update that I completed last week the keyboard on my laptop has changed, in so much as the special characters. For example on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SueAdamson, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Keyboard language - UK

Hi, following a Windows update that I completed last week the keyboard on my laptop has changed, in so much as the special characters. For example on my UK keyboard on the number 3 I have the symbol for our British currency but if I push the shift key and the number 3 I now get #

On the specific key designated for # I get \

I have tried to change the setting's for English UK but it doesn't help.
    On the bottom right corner on the taskbar it has the word ENG.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my keyboard to change back to how it was? At the moment there is nowhere on my keyboard that I can produce the pound sign for our currency. Thanks for any help, Sue

:)

SueAdamson, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Keyboard settings (UK layout not working)

I have a UK layout keyboard (shift + 2 is "), but my computer insists on using US layout (shift + 2 is @). I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard.

• In iCue (Corsair keyboard app), the layout is set to UK.
    • In Settings app, the system language is English UK. The Preferred language is English UK, and the keyboard has one layout, English UK.
      • If I add a US keyboard to it, and use Win + Space, two options show up to cycle through:
        • English (UK) - US Keyboard
        • English (US) - US Keyboard
    • In Control Panel main menu, there is only 'Clock and Region,' not 'Clock,
      Language
      , and Region.'
    Please any help would be great!

someguy171, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Keyboard language - UK

Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard language - UK

1. Keyboard language - UK - Similar Threads - Keyboard language

2. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  3. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  4. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...
  5. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...
  6. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  7. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  8. how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...: I got a laptop with single language windows 11 , how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout language list , it wasn't in language list ,Why Persian language isn't in list in keyboard settings ? Please give me a solution because I don't want change my windows....
  9. how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...

how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...: I got a laptop with single language windows 11 , how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout language list , it wasn't in language list ,Why Persian language isn't in list in keyboard settings ? Please give me a solution because I don't want change my windows....
  10. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard language uk