Windows 10: Keyboard language - wont toggle language

Discus and support Keyboard language - wont toggle language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Korean keyboard installed and when I use windows key and space bar it toggles keyboard but not input language.. i have to manually click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taylorconnie, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Keyboard language - wont toggle language

I have a Korean keyboard installed and when I use windows key and space bar it toggles keyboard but not input language.. i have to manually click on icon next to it - A or 가, to get the correct language, It was working for all of 5 minutes the other day when I figured out that windows icon and space bar would change it but now it isn't and i have tried any suggestion on this sites and others already.. would love some assistance

:)

taylorconnie, Jan 19, 2019
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jan 19, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 19, 2019
  4. takumi86 Win User

Keyboard language - wont toggle language

Toggling between keyboard input methods in complex Chinese

Hi, if you need to toggle between different keyboards you need to follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Click Region & language in the left column.
    • Under Languages click the language you want as default and click Set as default.
    Hope that helps.

takumi86, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard language - wont toggle language

1. Keyboard language - wont toggle language - Similar Threads - Keyboard language wont

2. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  3. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  4. Toggling languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling languages: I defined two input languages: ENG US and HE.Still, the system toggles to EN UK - which adds a toggling step each time I need to change input language.How can I remove EN UK English United Kingdom?...
  5. Toggling languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling languages: I defined two input languages: ENG US and HE.Still, the system toggles to EN UK - which adds a toggling step each time I need to change input language.How can I remove EN UK English United Kingdom?...
  6. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language: Hello, so my pc just automatically adds English (USA) for my keyboard, and i am wondering if you can stop it from doing this. submitted by /u/BossManOnePro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltj180/keyboard_language/
  7. How to toggle keyboard language with 1 button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to toggle keyboard language with 1 button?: Hi guys I have a useless Application key on my keyboard, which as far as I can tell emulates right click. Is there anyway I can reassign it to language switch (normally it's assigned to alt-shift) submitted by /u/Brazerss [link] [comments]...
  8. Language on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language on keyboard: My language settings for my keyboard are giving me french letter accents I have it set to English Canadian then I accidentally added Canadian Multilingual Standard I have tried to remove it but in settings but when I click remove nothing happens I have reset the keyboard with...
  9. language keyboard

language keyboard: All of sudden my windows changed to Arabic on all my windows devices. Now the Arabic keyboard stays on first place as main language and I can't remove it because the remove button is inactive. How to remove the Arabic as an option and how did it come out as a main language?...
  10. Keyboard languages

Keyboard languages: Hi guys ! I have mistakenly added Portuguese language for my keyboard, when in fact it should be Portuguese (ABNT2). It happens that I cannot DEKETE the mistaken one already added. How can I do that ?...