Windows 10: Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

Discus and support Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Teerawee Sukanchanon, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use English United States as the Windows display language.- I use 2 keyboard languages which are Thai Kedmanee and English United States-International. I use the International one because it's easier for me to type those alphabets with accent marks as I have to type in Italian sometimes.- I use Windows key + Space Bar to chang

:)

Teerawee Sukanchanon, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with the PC as the keyboard language keeps adding. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detail information.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Registry change.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch the
      Run command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok.

3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    4. Now from right pane remove/delete the entries with data value
      00000409, 00000809 & 00000407
    5. Close the registry, restart the PC and check.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Method 2: New user account

Check in new user account. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account and check if you are facing the same issue with the keyboard language.

Let us know how it goes,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can try removing the language packs from registry and check if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

To remove the language pack from registry follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and click on OK.
    3. Navigate to the location HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    4. On the right side of the window, delete the registry values that has
      0409 and 0809.
    5. Restart the computer.

To make English (Ireland) as your Display language follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & Language.
    4. Under Windows display language click on the drop down menu and select
      English (Ireland).
    5. Restart your computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally

1. Keyboard Languages Keeps Added Unintentionally - Similar Threads - Keyboard Languages Keeps

2. New languages keep being added to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New languages keep being added to my keyboard.: Hello, i have windows 11 and Australian English and USA English keep being added to my keyboard. When i check the keyboard settings the languages are not even visible as downloaded. I can only remove them by downloading them and then deleting them . But the next time i will...
  3. New languages keep being added to my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New languages keep being added to my keyboard.: Hello, i have windows 11 and Australian English and USA English keep being added to my keyboard. When i check the keyboard settings the languages are not even visible as downloaded. I can only remove them by downloading them and then deleting them . But the next time i will...
  4. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  5. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  6. Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Languages Keep Added Unintentionally: Hi guys,I've been facing this problem for quite a long time but I didn't decide to post it on the community because it is just a little problem. But now that it keeps occur more frequently, I need to know if this only happens to me or not and how to fix it.INFO:- I use...
  7. Windows keeps adding a language

Windows keeps adding a language: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 on my personal laptop, working in 2 languages - Hebrew and English. My main language is English, and I prefer to use the US keyboard QWERTY and !@#, mainly because it is also used in Hebrew with UK English dialect spelling and special words....
  8. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard.: Hi there, I asked this question before, with the only answer I received not working, and when I searched the web for a solution, I saw that many others had the same issue. Windows 10 keeps adding three keyboards to my list: US, UK normal, and UK-de (German QWERTZ); thus...
  9. Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.

Windows keeps adding languages to my keyboard layout.: Hey, I'm multilingual, and I write in several languages. When I use english, however, no extra symbols are needed, so I just use one of the others for it. Very frequently I get this problem that Windows 10 just decides to add languages to it. It used to be only the United...
  10. Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language

Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language: Hello Support Team, This is completely frustrating in Windows 10 and I need a solution of that crap. I reinstalled the windows just to try overcome this problem but yet still occurring. THIS IS A BUG OR SOMETHING NEED TO BE LOOKED AT. Here is the problem I have an...