Windows 10: Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

Discus and support Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 9i running Win 11 all latest drivers and firmware installed. I'm multilingual and have multiple language layouts installed, that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sigurd IH, May 15, 2022.

1. Sigurd IH Win User

Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 9i running Win 11 all latest drivers and firmware installed. I'm multilingual and have multiple language layouts installed, that I switch between: English United States with Faeroese keyboard, English United States with US keyboard, Swedish and Japanese with Microsoft IME.Most of the time, I have it set to English with Faeroese keyboard, but every time and I do mean every single time that I resume from sleep, the keyboard has switched to Japanese?? I have no idea what could be causing this, Japanese isn't even at the top of the preferred languages list. Anyone have

:)

Sigurd IH, May 15, 2022
  2. Koyakun Win User

Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Background:

I use a Japanese USB keyboard with a US laptop with the display language set to US English. I frequently need to switch between English and Japanese as well as Spanish. I also need to be able to switch to a US keyboard layout when I use the laptop without
    the USB keyboard.

Problem:

Even though the default input method is correctly set to the Japanese Microsoft IME keyboard using the override setting, it switches to a US keyboard layout after resume from sleep. Any time I resume from sleep and forget to manually restore the keyboard
    layout to Japanese, I have to erase whatever I just typed incorrectly because of the different layout, switch keyboard layouts, and retype.

Question:

Why does Windows 10 automatically switch to a non-default keyboard after resume from sleep? What can be done to fix this?

Specs/settings:

Computer: Dell Inspiron N4110 Laptop

Windows display language: English (US) (override setting)

Default input method: Japanese keyboard (Microsoft IME) on Japanese USB keyboard (override setting)

Additional input methods: US; US-International

Koyakun, May 15, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Hi,

You can try these steps on changing your keyboard layout:

• On the
      Start
      menu, click
      Settings

• Select
      Time & language

• Click
      Region & language

• Select
      Add a language

• Under
      Languages, click the language you want as a default and click
      Set as default.

NOTE: In changing your keyboard layout, you can also try changing your computer's primary language.
    Your keyboard layout may also change in doing so. However, make sure to use the right keyboard layout for
    entering your password. You might not be able to sign in since the layout has been change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 15, 2022
  4. Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

That doesnt work anymore, language isnt in control panel

can i get new instructions?

Phoenixcraft, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

1. Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep. - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout changes

2. Automatically Resume File Transfer after exit from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Resume File Transfer after exit from Sleep: Hi, I notice that during some large file transfer my laptop enter to Sleep.after i resuming my laptop from Sleep Windows ask me if i want to resume the current file transfer.how can i make it to be automatically resumes after resume from Sleep State? using windows 11....
  3. Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.

Keyboard layout changes automatically upon resume from sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 9i running Win 11 all latest drivers and firmware installed. I'm multilingual and have multiple language layouts installed, that I switch between: English United States with Faeroese keyboard, English United States with US keyboard, Swedish and Japanese...
  4. Keyboard layout being changed automatically by Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout being changed automatically by Windows11: hellomy OS is Windows 11 and recently I found my keyboard layout would be automatically by Windows.Originally I had two languages, English Us and Arabic Egypt. Recently every time I enable my display adapter intelr HD graphics the layout would be reset into 3 languages after...
  5. Keyboard layout being changed automatically by Windows11

Keyboard layout being changed automatically by Windows11: hellomy OS is Windows 11 and recently I found my keyboard layout would be automatically by Windows.Originally I had two languages, English Us and Arabic Egypt. Recently every time I enable my display adapter intelr HD graphics the layout would be reset into 3 languages after...
  6. Keyboard layout and hotkey being changed automatically by Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout and hotkey being changed automatically by Windows: Hi guys, my OS is Windows 11 and recently I found my keyboard layout would be automatically by Windows.Originally I had two languages, English Singapore and Chinese Simplifed. Recently every time I restart my computer, the layout would be reset into 3 languages, the...
  7. Keyboard layout and hotkey being changed automatically by Windows

Keyboard layout and hotkey being changed automatically by Windows: Hi guys, my OS is Windows 11 and recently I found my keyboard layout would be automatically by Windows.Originally I had two languages, English Singapore and Chinese Simplifed. Recently every time I restart my computer, the layout would be reset into 3 languages, the...
  8. Automatically change keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change keyboard layout: Hello I'm using a laptop, and have a second USB keyboard that doesn't have the same layout as my laptop's, is there a setting/program that detects which keyboard I'm using and automatically changes the input layout accordingly? submitted by /u/Motaz275 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 changes it keyboard to US after resuming from sleep: Hi, I am having this issue that every time I resume from sleep, the keyboard automatically changes to en-US despite it is not an option in my language bar at all. I have seen several dated posts about 2016 and they do not work for me. After some searching, I believe I...
  10. Keyboard Layout automatically changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layout automatically changing: My keyboard layout is automatically changing while I'm writing. I removed all the language options from 'Region and Language' except for English (United States), but from time to time the keyboard layout switches back to Italian How can I prevent this from happening?...