Windows 10: Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols

Discus and support Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder if there is a possibility to make my own symbols and use them in a way I can use the ´ like over the é. But I want to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToTeMusik, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ToTeMusik Win User

Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols

Hello,

I wonder if there is a possibility to make my own symbols and use them in a way I can use the ´ like over the é.

But I want to use the symbols and letters from the alphabet UNDER the text, as shown in the screenshot.

Thank you. :

Regards

Torsten

Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols 9feea6b8-e733-4bcb-b5e5-db6fd78ff96c?upload=true.png

:)

ToTeMusik, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator don't build

Hi Frank,

We need to ask you a few questions for us to better understand the situation. Please answer the following information:

• For clarification, what do you mean by "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4.6000.2 under Windows 10 don't build"?
    • Are you trying to use the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator? If yes, what happen when you launching the app?
    • Are you getting an error message?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    MS Keyboard Layout Creator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the version of Windows that you are using?

Based on my search, I see that the Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator is applicable for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows XP Service Pack 1, and Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Here is the
    system requirements information
    for Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4

Follow the below steps, and try to install the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.

1. Press 'Windows key + R' to open 'Run Command'.

2. Type 'appwiz.cpl' without quotes, and press enter.

3. In the 'Programs and features' window, click on 'Turn Windows features on or off'.

4. Enable '.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)' option.

5. Click on 'OK'.

Follow the on-screen prompts, and restart the system if required. This will install the .NET Framework feature. Try to install the MS Keyboard Layout Creator, and check.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 13, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

Hi there
    You don't have to add language -- you can use any language and keyboard combination -- you don't even need to add a physical keyboard -- the keyboard set in Windows merely alters the layout. You can switch keyboard layouts at any time and for any application.

For example

the UK layout is fine for when I'm writing / posting in English -- e.g posting to the Forum. Simply add another keyboard to your chosen language if you don't need another language.

Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols [​IMG]

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols - Similar Threads - Keyboard Layout Creator

2. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  3. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working: Hi, i'm using an Italian layout keyboard and since i'm starting developing i want to be able to type tilde and backtick w/o having to search for them not included in my basic it-it layout, however after trying the tool mentioned above i get the following error:"There was a...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working: Hi, i'm using an Italian layout keyboard and since i'm starting developing i want to be able to type tilde and backtick w/o having to search for them not included in my basic it-it layout, however after trying the tool mentioned above i get the following error:"There was a...
  5. MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts: Hello,I have created a custom Japanese keyboard layout using MSKLC that supports symbols and characters common in other languages. But attempting to export my custom layout results in error messages like:Warning 1009 ..\.\tmpjpn1337.txt, line 75: A new scancode is being...
  6. Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout: My issue is with the K345 wireless keyboard. When I press SHIFT+3 I get a sign, not a hashtag. And when I press SHIFT+2 I get a " sigh, not the at symbol. How do I resolve this? 170519
  7. Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hashtag and at symbol suddenly not available in keyboard layout: My issue is with the Logitech K345 wireless keyboard. When I press SHIFT+3 I get a £ sign, not a hashtag. And when I press SHIFT+2 I get a " sigh, not the at symbol. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  8. Keyboard layout creator error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout creator error: Hello, I have made a custom layout on my keyboard on the keyboard layout creator 1.4 but anything I put on vk_oem_102 the key next to the left shift key on iso layouts yields the error message saying that the key is not defined elsewhere and that it may not be present on all...
  9. problem with keyboard layout creator 1.4

problem with keyboard layout creator 1.4: after creating my layout which was a lightly modified version of qwerty for slightly faster typing, i ran the setup and the keyboard layout was working. but, i realized i had forgot the shift keys and went to fix that, i created it again under a different name, went to the...
  10. Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build

Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build: Hi, I've been encountering a problem with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 on Windows 10. The program works fine till it comes to building the DLL. When I try to build, it validates the keyboard with positive outcome but then says that an error as occured while...