Windows 10: Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2

Discus and support Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a laptop from a local online store, but the keyboard layout is not like a normal US Qwerty keyboard. The layout for the symbols does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by afhamz, Oct 10, 2019.

1. afhamz Win User

Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2

I just bought a laptop from a local online store, but the keyboard layout is not like a normal US Qwerty keyboard.

The layout for the symbols does not match the US layout keyboard.

Does anyone know what keyboard layout/region that I have to install so the keyboard layout can match?

Thanks in advance

Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2 dca5f669-9ced-4dd6-b95f-f0b04ec214d2?upload=true.jpg

:)

afhamz, Oct 10, 2019
  2. MAXPOPWER Win User

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

I cant login, can access bios, restoring security settings doesnt help. i also have winmagic data security on my screen and have never seen this before. pls help

MAXPOPWER, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Alan515 Win User
    Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only
    once, that allows the owner to create one copy of a "factory restore image." These MAR HP refurbished computers came with neither. What Joy Systems advertises as "restore media" is only a series of procedures that will restore Windows 10 to all of the default
    settings.

I believe Microsoft has a link, which will allow you to download the "update version" of Windows 10 for those who updated from Windows 7 & 8.1, but I believe that does not include the HP drivers for the hardware. Getting the correct drivers is very difficult,
    and very time consuming if you know how, which I do not.

This will not help should the computer become infected with serious Malware, where I have always been able to run a "out of the box - factory restore," then reupdate the computer, reinstall any added programs, and that totally corrects any problems.

I have been told that the 1809 version of Windows 10 has built into it a procedure to create an "out of the box - factory restore" media on a flash drive, exactly like the "run only once" program on a new HP computer would create.

If it is possible to create an "out of the box - factory restore" media on these two computers, would someone tell me how to do it, or where on Microsoft's website the instructions are for doing it?

HP EliteBook 840 G2's have no disk drives in them.

I would do it on the Arrow refurbished computer first because this computer has no added Programs or HP driver updates added to it. Will the restore media created on this computer (if it is possible) also work on the other HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computer, or
    should I create a second restore thumb drive for this computer too?

If I create one on the first computer, which has programs added, should I delete them before starting?

Very little is in the small amount of literature that came with these computers, and the HP online manuals are for new computers.

Thank you for your help.

Alan515, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2 - Similar Threads - Keyboard Layout 840

2. i have hp 840 g6 but its showing hp 840 g5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have hp 840 g6 but its showing hp 840 g5: i have hp 840 g6 but its showing 840 g5 also its showing wrong product id and wrong serial number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-hp-840-g6-but-its-showing-hp-840-g5/c9bd181e-08f2-474b-8047-ea19be96c556
  3. i have hp 840 g6 but its showing hp 840 g5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have hp 840 g6 but its showing hp 840 g5: i have hp 840 g6 but its showing 840 g5 also its showing wrong product id and wrong serial number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-hp-840-g6-but-its-showing-hp-840-g5/c9bd181e-08f2-474b-8047-ea19be96c556
  4. i have hp 840 g6 but its showing hp 840 g5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  6. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  7. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Elitebook 840 g2 having multiple BSODs’ consecutively

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Elitebook 840 g2 having multiple BSODs’ consecutively: Hello, my laptop recently started being frustrating. Firstly when I try turning it on, the keyboard light just flashes like it doesn’t start up fully. The light keeps flashing until I hold down the power button to turn it off. I told someone about it, he advised I remove one...
  9. Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers: I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only once, that allows the...
  10. Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...: Recently I came across an article, I believe that originated on this site, entitled How to: Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling Windows 10. I have a MAR refurbished EliteBook 840 G2 that was advertised as having a "recovery drive" but the instructions that came with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp elitebook 840 g2 keyboard layout

2. keyboard