Windows 10: Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

Discus and support Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Silonus Helaris, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started having this issue after I factory reset my PC. I didn't have this issue before.I'm from the UK and am using Windows 11.Thank you,

:)

Silonus Helaris, Feb 24, 2024
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

wireless keyboard - pound sign missing

Hello Rick,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that after installing upgrading to Windows 10 operating system you cannot find Pound Sign on your machine. I will certainly help you in getting this issue fixed.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings or corrupt/incompatible keyboard drivers. Let’s follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

a. Examine your keyboard for any build-up of dust, dirt, liquids or other particles that could be causing the keys to type the wrong characters. Allow any loose dirt to fall out by inverting and shaking the keyboard lightly.

b. Plug your keyboard into another computer. If the keyboard works, then the port on your original computer may not be working.

c. Confirm that your keyboard is set to the desired language. Go to your control panel and click on the "Regional and Language Options" icon. If the setting appears to be in a different language, change it to Japanese.

d. Check if your number lock key is on. If so, depress the key to disengage it.

Method 1: On Screen Keyboard

Try to use on screen keyboard and check if the pound sign key appears there or not. Follow the steps below:

1. Press “Windows key + R”, type “osk” in run box

2. Click on “OK

3. On Screen Keyboard will appear, now check if the pound key appear or not.

Try method 2, if the issue occurs

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the keyboard drivers

Step 1: Uninstall the keyboard drivers:

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the keyboard adapter/drivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this
    device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, the computer should detect the latest drivers itself.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

If the computer do not detect the updated drivers you may refer to the
    manufactureswebsite and install the latest
    keyboard drivers
    for the device.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

1. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout issue

2. Keyboard keys having issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys having issue.: Previously I had asked the same question but this time it has gotten a bit weirder. Last time the CTRL, Space, Backspace, 5, 6 and some other keys were not working. I cleaned underneath the keys with a blowdryer cold setting and have reset, updated and reinstalled the...
  3. Keyboard keys having issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys having issue.: Previously I had asked the same question but this time it has gotten a bit weirder. Last time the CTRL, Space, Backspace, 5, 6 and some other keys were not working. I cleaned underneath the keys with a blowdryer cold setting and have reset, updated and reinstalled the...
  4. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  5. key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign: why has it suddenly become impossible to write a pound sign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-change-for-shift3-instead-of-uk-pound/a6365037-a664-4769-9d70-523350602dba
  6. Issue with the keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with the keyboard layout: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  7. Keyboard layout wrong name

Keyboard layout wrong name: I created a keyboard layout using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and gave it a name. Let it be ONE. Then I created another keyboard layout and gave it a name TWO. But it is displayed under name ONE. I have two different keyboard layouts but they are shown under the same...
  8. English pound key

English pound key: My American laptop used in the uk has a dollar key which remains as dollar even after changing language to UK English Is it possible to amend this to an English pound symbol does anyone know please?...
  9. Pound sign

Pound sign: I have lost my pound sign for some reason? I now get # instead. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pound-sign/7038fca8-8702-492f-a7d3-61d19121531e
  10. Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key: Hey guys, So my brother recently got a new laptop (Acer Aspire V Nitro, 17'') and everything was working fine until yesterday, while he was typing and suddenly couldn't use AltGr+2 to get an @-symbol. We looked into the layout settings, everything fine (It's still set to...