Windows 10: Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name.

Discus and support Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First I made a keyboard layout with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and named it 'Ador' then I install that. After installed, this show as Ador,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nurul AlomAdor, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name.

First I made a keyboard layout with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and named it 'Ador' then I install that. After installed, this show as Ador, nothing problem. But after that I create another keyboard layout with different name and install it. But that also so as 'Ador' Now I have two. I try many ways but I cannot change the name of new keyboard layout. How can i fix that?

:)

Nurul AlomAdor, Nov 6, 2019

2. Keyboard layout: reading and typing language are now one and the same?

This sounds rather lame. I wonder what happens when you select a multilingual keyboard layout? I make use of the US International keyboard (I like it better than the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout), I just haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.

In the past I have made use of the MSKLC tool for creating my own keyboard layouts, most recently for Esperanto when I was working on the Duolingo tree. The Microsoft website lists several operating systems the tool is compatible with up to Windows 7, but I found no issues using it with Windows 8.1.

Last I checked with 8.1 you had to select a pre-existing language on the system. Theoretically, as the MSKLC would allow you to duplicate the German keyboard layout and select English as the language of your layout, it may be possible that Windows 10 would handle this as though it's English and thus give you the English interface. Assuming of course that the MSKLC even works in Windows 10.

growapair30, Nov 6, 2019
  3. M.M.M.AC Win User
    Ghost keyboard layout

When I attempt to build a keyboard layout inside MSKLC 1.4, I get this message: "The keyboard name 'xxxx' is already in use on this machine".

But there is no longer such keyboard layout. I can't find it in program & features, the registry or in the c:\windows\system32\ folder. Yet it pops up in Region & language setting, when adding a keyboard. I have had this problem (with various keyboard layouts)
    on and off many times, without any apparent cause. Usually, I am forced to change the name of my keyboard layout slightly before it works.

M.M.M.AC, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name.

MSKLC Help for Multi combination

Hi I am from Bangladesh. I used my native keyboard software for writing to my native language. But I'm not satisfied with those keyboard.

I've tried Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) which is so great with my custom keyboard layout. But there are not enough character for my language. So I want to composite a multiple combination with MSKLC

Such as : when the key sequence is " K" + " &" + " j" then I want to change this 3 key sequal to "K¬"

Another is : when the key sequence is "&" + "v" then I want to change this 2 key sequal to "Av"

If is it possible then i can get my custom keyboard layout with MSKLC

Please help me out anyone......

Regards,

Yeasin Arafat

EyasinArafat, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name.

1. Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name. - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout made

2. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  3. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  4. restore original MSKLC keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore original MSKLC keyboard: Today I created a keyboard using MSKLC. I based it on one of the Chinese keyboards that comes standard with MSKLC and Windows. It works fine. It has the name of the language I work with.My question now: Is there a way to restore the original Chinese keyboards on my computer...
  5. restore original MSKLC keyboard

restore original MSKLC keyboard: Today I created a keyboard using MSKLC. I based it on one of the Chinese keyboards that comes standard with MSKLC and Windows. It works fine. It has the name of the language I work with.My question now: Is there a way to restore the original Chinese keyboards on my computer...
  6. restore original MSKLC keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts: Hello,I have created a custom Japanese keyboard layout using MSKLC that supports symbols and characters common in other languages. But attempting to export my custom layout results in error messages like:Warning 1009 ..\.\tmpjpn1337.txt, line 75: A new scancode is being...
  8. Bug - Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator MSKLC Version 1.4 - AltGr + a

Bug - Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator MSKLC Version 1.4 - AltGr + a: VersionsMicrosoft Keyboard Layout Creator: 1.4.6000.2OS: Microsoft Windows 10 ProIssueAltGr + a cannot create any special Unicode characterSteps to reproduce the issue1. Open Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: 1.4.6000.2 on Windows 10 Pro 2. Load existing keyboard "US"3....
  9. MSKLC Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 error -1073741819

MSKLC Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 error -1073741819: Dear community, I am getting errors with MSKLC 1.4 while building the dll and setup packages of my keyboard layout: [ATTACH] It is not the well known error 1 obtained due to none 8-long path names. And I cannot find any way to fix this -1073741819 error. I just know...
  10. Keyboard layout wrong name

Keyboard layout wrong name: I created a keyboard layout using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and gave it a name. Let it be ONE. Then I created another keyboard layout and gave it a name TWO. But it is displayed under name ONE. I have two different keyboard layouts but they are shown under the same...