Windows 10: Keyboard layout on Windows 10 lock screen keeps changing to Czech-Qwerty

Discus and support Keyboard layout on Windows 10 lock screen keeps changing to Czech-Qwerty in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When machine is restarted or when some users log out, the keyboard layout on login screen is Czech which is what is want. But in some cases when user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OndřejPrchal, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Keyboard layout on Windows 10 lock screen keeps changing to Czech-Qwerty

When machine is restarted or when some users log out, the keyboard layout on login screen is Czech which is what is want. But in some cases when user logs out or every time when machine locks itself after a while sitting on login prompt, the keyboard layout switches to Czech-Qwerty which I don’t want.

The Czech-Qwerty layout was chosen in installation process. Later I changed settings for “Welcome screen and system accounts” and “New user accounts” to Czech.

They are 3 shared PCs in conference rooms, which have GPO for not showing last signed user.

What I already tried:

• Remove PC from domain so there are no GPOs applied.
    • Search registry for Czech-Qwerty keyboard layout ID – no found only in list of all layouts

Are there any other settings which i can try to fix this problem? I really don’t want to reinstall all three of them just because of keyboard layout on login screen.

Thank you.

:)

OndřejPrchal, Mar 23, 2020
  2. mpbcz Win User

Czech QWERTY / QWERTZ keyboard layouts

I have a Windows 10 laptop that has a Czech QWERTY layout installed. I have a Windows 10 desktop which only allows a Czech QWERTZ keyboard to be installed! Why can I not install a Czech QWERTY layout on my desktop? Depending upon what I am doing, I use
    either an English (United States) layout or a Czech layout. QWERTZ is a pain in the ... Windows 7 always gave options to choose either a Czech QWERTY or a QWERTZ layout! And why one on my laptop and only the other on my desktop?

mpbcz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. mpbcz Win User

I have made no hardware changes on either device. I have made no recent software changes on either device, just the automatic Windows 10 updates.

I have gone through the Windows 10 settings - Region and Language. Only one Czech language option (it neither specifies QWERTY or QWERTZ.) Long ago when I first install Czech language, it was a QWERTZ keyboard layout. I did, just yesterday, uninstall Czech
    language, then reinstall Czech language. Again it only gave a non QWERTY/QWERTZ specified Czech option. After the re-installation is was still QWERTZ! This on my Windows 10 desktop.

As far as I recall, form the time I first installed it, the Czech keyboard layout on my Windows 10 laptop has always been QWERTY!

mpbcz, Mar 23, 2020
  4. mpbcz Win User

Keyboard layout on Windows 10 lock screen keeps changing to Czech-Qwerty

I do not know what this may have accomplished. I do not know if there may have been any error that needed to be fixed! BUT I FOUND:

In settings for Region and Language

I clicked on the installed language "ČE TINA" (i.e. Czech)

One of the button to appear was "OPTIONS"

One of the options under "OPTIONS" is "add a keyboard layout"

Under this was the Czech QWERTY keyboard layout

Not very straight forward and rather convoluted compared with adding this keyboard layout as it was in Window 7, but the addition was accomplished.

mpbcz, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard layout on Windows 10 lock screen keeps changing to Czech-Qwerty

1. Keyboard layout on Windows 10 lock screen keeps changing to Czech-Qwerty - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout lock

2. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  3. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  4. Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output: Hi, I've been interested in adding Korean as a language to my computer, but realize that after installing it, and begin to type with Korean selected, it uses the Korean keyboard layout instead of the Qwerty layout. I see no options for this in the settings, nor does Google...
  5. Own or modify existing keyboard layout - German layout with QWERTY

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Own or modify existing keyboard layout - German layout with QWERTY: Hi Guys, i need German keyboard layout, but not their default QWERTZ but QWERTY .... I need to user german layout (special characters), but after 20 years using QWERTY im not able to switch to QWERTZ. It makes me sick. Thanks for tips submitted by...
  6. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...
  7. Keyboard layout ALWAYS starts with QWERTY after windows start [Win 10]

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard layout ALWAYS starts with QWERTY after windows start [Win 10]: [img] I use colemak, but have to manually change it everytime I start windows, and in some occasions it can't be changed from the menu above, and have to go to settings etc, delete a layout and add it again to change it. 127960
  8. Windows 10 keeps changing my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps changing my keyboard layout: While using one program, and one program only, Windows 10 will randomly change my keyboard layout. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard with "English US" layout and my laptop has a different layout. The problem is windows will insist on going back to my laptop keyboard's...
  9. Keyboard layout keep changing to American QWERTY

Keyboard layout keep changing to American QWERTY: My keyboard has a German layout. That's how it should be. Windows however keeps changing, since I reset my PC, the layout to American QWERTY instead of the standard German QWERTZ layout. I set Windows up knowing that I want to use the German layout. It's the only layout...
  10. KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING

KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING: even though I have deleted the English UK version via settings it is still showing up in the taskbar list and keeps switching. how do I delete from taskbar?...